Thread: Help me

Help me

It's been a very l9ng time since iv posted here. I guess this means that it's gone beyond the point of my control. A few months back I was taking 30mg mitazipine. I noticed I had a full feeling in my head everyday for weeks. So I thought to myself maybe I should lower my dose. I did this without any guidance from my gp. I went to 15 mg and to be honest I was feeling ok. Yet the full head feeling was still there and my vision was always blurry. I got my eyes tested which came back better than normal. Anyhow on Friday last week I woke with the worst headache I'd ever felt. Nothing was shifting it. I rung 999 and was told at the hospital id had a migraine. The following day I woke into a nightmare. The first thing I noticed was that my right arm felt weak. Like it wasn't attached to my body. I then noticed it looked different. Like it wasn't mine. Then everything went into panic mode and now nothing feels real. Nothing looks or feels real. I'm totally freaking out. Help me get some control back. Please.

Re: Help me

I am so sorry to read this, I honestly believe the worst symptom of anxiety is derealisation. I suffered terribly with it and it freaked me out beyond belief. It was the worst thing I've ever known in my life. I was the same, full-head/pressure feeling, headaches, blurry vision and the sense that my being and existence was almost like being in a dream world. Nothing felt real, I felt that I was standing behind myself and looking through someone else's eyes, it was the most bizarre, uncomfortable and unnerving feeling I've ever had.

I can tell you now that the 'fullness' in your head is stress, does it feel like it moves from time to time when you move your head? My breakthrough treatment for this is confiding in someone you love and who will listen to you, let it all out and have a damn good cry. I suffered a breakdown and cried non-stop for about 45 minutes solid, I couldn't stop. And when I finally calmed myself down, the fullness disappeared it was like a pressure buildup of tension, stress and emotion that had not been allowed to escape and then finally it all came out an once and it felt amazing afterwards. I also regained my appetite that night it was like a revelation for me. So yeah my advise is to cry, cry a lot and talk to someone who cares to help bring that about.

In terms of your de-realisation, this is not an easy fix. The best thing you can do is go about your daily life as usual and get used to it. Then one day out of the blue you'll realise that you no longer feel like that and you may not pin-point when it happened but it will just unnoticeably fade away over time. I also found that escaping reality helped me a lot, play computer games, watch your favourite films, chill with incense and candles. Listen to your favourite music. Relaxation is vital. But please try not to worry, medication can cause some horrendous adverse affects on the body and it's easy to freak out over them but as long as you know it's nothing serious and simply all a result of your anxiety suffering.

I wish you the best of luck!

JT

Thread Information