Thread: I'm scared that I have pancreatic cancer

I'm scared that I have pancreatic cancer

Hello everyone. I'm a 55 yo male in the USA. I feel like I'm in relatively good health, but I've been experiencing mild dull upper stomach pain, especially after I eat, that radiates or refers to my mid-back. My energy level is the same it's always been and I've lost no weight or appetite. I can bike 40 miles, run, lift weights. My blood tests are all within range. An ultrasound showed some gallstones, but they weren't deemed a problem. My upper endoscopy last Monday did not seem to reveal any ulcers, gastritis, etc.--which actually kind of worries me as I hope it'd be a simple stomach problem. On Wednesday I go for a CT scan of my abdomen and I'm really worried that cancer, especially pancreatic or liver, will be revealed. Help!

Re: I'm scared that I have pancreatic cancer

Poor you you must be worried. It doesn’t sound like pancreatic cancer (key symptoms like weight loss, general unwellness are missing), but you are going for a CT scan so you will know for sure soon. Since you do actually have gallstones it’s sounds mostly likely these are causing the symptoms you describe. Good luck and let us know how you get on

I don't know if this helps, but I have exactly the same symptoms and exactly the same worries :P

Go figure the chances for two strangers on anxiety forum correctly diagnosing themselves with pancreatic/liver cancer.

I do envy you the CT scan, I need to figure out the way to get one. I know if I will I'll also be terrified it will reveal something, but the most important thing is that we will know for sure what it is. And, despite my anxiety, I'm still pretty certain we'll both be ok

Hang in there, and let us know how your CT goes.

Ah, one more thing - I often google my symptoms (which is not a good idea), and most people seem to agree that those are the symptoms of problems with gallbladder. My ultrasound was clear, so I don't know how this could be the case with me, but in your case I'd say it's most probably your gallstones.

I have the same symptoms and the same worries too although after awhile I have calmed down the worries somehow and started worry about other things than cancer.

Thread Information