Thread: Anxiety flare up due to pill or heat wave?

Anxiety flare up due to pill or heat wave?

Hello, I have been lurking on here and it's made me aware once again of just how many of us suffer the dreaded anxiety! I've had GAD since I was 20, I'm now 36. I manage it well usually (citalopram, plenty of sleep, yoga, walking) but for some reason I've had a flare up in the last week or so. Ten days ago, I started taking desogestrel (progesterone only pill) to help with my hormonal migraines which I get for 1 week of every month. My anxiety is taking over my thoughts lately, last night I got in a vicious cycle of repetitive thoughts, couldn't sleep till 2am. It might be the pill? Any experiences here?
    The other problem is that it's very hot here at the moment. I suffer in the heat as do my two lovely black Labs - poor things. I've been taking them swimming every day which helps them. I feel trapped indoors at the moment because if I go out, I feel ill and I get heart palpitations. I just want this heat to stop!
    Anyone else have anxiety due to the heat? It makes my thoughts all confused and I feel so tired!

Re: Anxiety flare up due to pill or heat wave?

You're not alone, i've had increased sensitivity to heat since I was a child and officially neither me or my doctor know what the cause is.

I've been tested for everyrhing. Heart problems, brain problems, thyroid problems. None of those tests came back with anything.

I suffer horrendous seasonal allergies (this week has been insane for pollen and i'm sniffling as I type this) which makes my anxiety sky high. Add the heat and I get full body itcing, dry skin rashes and breathlessness all of which make my anxiety worse too.

Heat can absolutely make things worse so you're not alone there. I can barely leave the house at the moment without feeling like i'm about to pass out.

Pregabalin 300mg

It is very good of you to reply! Thank you for reassuring me I'm not alone. My husband doesn't even notice the heat so it makes me feel like I'm being totally ridiculous.

I notice you are in the UK as well - we are just not used to heat are we!

I never had a problem with it until I was 33 and had heat stroke - I was in abad way and since then I'm very wary. What a shame as I used to love Summer so much.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

PS: I take 180mg fexofenadine everyday for allergies. It's excellent. I highly recommend it. I'd be in an even worse state if I had wheezing/sneezing to deal with as well!

Hey, im in the UK also, ive had a problem with summer for the past few years for some reason, it just feels very intense and i work myself up so much to the point i panic just over hot days..its ridiculous.

Thread Information