Thread: Back and behind testicle pain that comes and goes

Back and behind testicle pain that comes and goes

Had this for about 3 weeks and it gets me down. I have type 2 diabetes and have just been put on metformin for the first time last week. Haven't been to the gp as I dont want to have more tests having had investigations on and off for other things. I wondered if anybody else have experienced this. My first thought was a build up of anxiety over a number of family things going on. I'm a stress head any way which increases the problems. Can tension cause these pains?

Re: Back and behind testicle pain that comes and goes

Well that fell on deaf ears. To extend on my comments it has been suggested walking could ease my situation as exercise can release the problem but I wonder if that would make any difference.

Sorry nobody has replied.
    I've had the same pains for 10 years and docs have tested me for everything no joy.
    They seem annoyed when I consitently turn up at the surgery
    I gave up going and decided after all this time whatever it is it's not going to kill me(hopefully)
    I'm on co-codamol and it helps but that's all.

Thanks for the reply. Do you also get twinges around your groin area?

The pains in testicles and also behind them near my anus have started again does this come from worries and anxieties about family illnesses which
    there are right now as stress forms a huge problem with me.

I'm wondering if these pains can come from to much sitting or can anxiety bring it all on as my wife has been having cancer treatment and one of my sons is suffering breathing problems from a covid related reaction and is unable to work while my daughter is suffering from cfs problems.

This sounds like it could be Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome. Typically this condition is caused by:
    1) Anxiety (tensing of muscles)
    2) Sitting too much
    3) 'Edging' masturbation technique

Of course I could absolutely be wrong and maybe you have a different issue, in which case a doctor is your best bet. But you can try a pee test to see if you have a high white blood cell count and if there's a bacterial infection or whatever.
    For me I get pain in my tailbone, anus, testicles, bladder (lower abdomen) and lower back. Also some stiffness in my legs.
    It's a condition that's similar to fibromyalgia.
    Best way to combat the symptoms is through stress reduction, physical therapy, dietary changes, stopping the 'edging' technique, and being active and on your feet more. For some, this is enough to completely cure it after some time. For others it can be chronic with flare-ups.
    I may be wrong about this so don't take it as gospel, and also don't fear this condition as it really isn't 'life-threatening' or whatever.
    Information on the male version of Chronic Pelvic Pain is a bit hard to come by, but bizarrely it's pretty common. Especially among guys with anxiety disorder.
    But there's a subreddit dedicated to it with an administrator that has tons and tons of information about it. Check it out and see if you think it could be of use to you.

Thread Information