Thread: Period after 10 months and I'm 52

Period after 10 months and I'm 52

I haven't had a period since August last year and I was thinking I'm finally over menopause but two or three weeks ago I started getting IBS symptoms (which I thought were due to the flu vaccine) and two weeks ago I had that pressure in the pelvis which I used to get midway through my cycle and a clear discharge so I thocan that could I be expecting my period ?! And Lo and behold yesterday when I was wiping there was a brownish pink tinge and I have all the symptoms of a period although it hasn't started to flow yet.... went to see this horrible GP because my usual one was away she said it is normal at my age but she did a Pap smear because I'm due for one and she requested a transvaginal ultrasound .... I'm seeing my regular GP when she comes back from leave this month butmy question to all you menopausal women : has this happened to you? No periods for a long time then it starts again??

Re: Period after 10 months and I'm 52

Yep.

Normal.

But a pain in the butt.

Thanks for your reply .... now I have to start counting again from today. Last year I had three periods in January March and August ...3 years ago my periods stopped for 6 months I had an ultrasound was normal endometrial biopsy normal and was told either do nothing , have an IUD or hysterectomy (they found some adenomyosis in the uterus although I've never had any symptoms from it). I chose to do nothing at the time.

I did the same, ultrasound, endometrial biopsy. All normal.

What I did do was start charting my basal body temperature. There are free apps. Doing that showed me when I'd have a period and when I wouldn't. I needed that for peace of mind. Following a calendar is useless now.
    I do have 3 small fibroids, they caused some spotting. My temps also let me know which was a period and which was spotting from the fibroids.

I went natural too.. Glad I did.
    Hang in there...

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information