Thread: Can feel string/cord/line in abdomen

Can feel string/cord/line in abdomen

Entered into full blown anxiety again.

I was feeling around in my abdomen (as you do) and I felt a weird kind of cable/cord/string type thing to the right of my abdomen the bit before the muscle which separates it from the groin area.

It's not a lump. It's not that hard. I can't find anything on Google. There isn't such a thing on the left hand side...I thought it might be swollen lymph nodes but it doesn't feel like a node, it feels like a string, and it's not very big. Also it's *close* to where your groin lymph nodes are shown to be but closer to the abdomen.

I am freaking out. I am worried it is lymph nodes or bowel cancer or something.

Re: Can feel string/cord/line in abdomen

We're not made of porcelain. Our bodies have all sorts of lumps, bumps, muscle fiber, arteries, veins etc. Poke and prod enough and you'll find all sorts of weird things. IMO, you're freaking yourself out over nothing

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Can feel string/cord/line in abdomen

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    We're not made of porcelain. Our bodies have all sorts of lumps, bumps, muscle fiber, arteries, veins etc. Poke and prod enough and you'll find all sorts of weird things. IMO, you're freaking yourself out over nothing

Positive thoughts
    I think so too. That's anxiety for you and why I am not going to the doctor because I can't go 'I can feel this, not lump, but line?' and I would feel stupid.

I just have struggled to get it out of my mind.

Thread Information