Thread: Painful muscle spasms and twitching

Painful muscle spasms and twitching

Hey Guys,

I'm a 32 yeah guy. I have recently started experience what I can only describe as micro spasms/cramps and twitching.

The cramps quite bad on the top of my right foot, on the tops of my hands, between the knuckles of of my hand, and small spots on my arms/rib cage.

I get a stitch now and again too, like my whole thigh.

I gramp easily when I walk too.

I have read the ALS and why you don't have it guide on here but after research these can be signs and symptoms of the early stages.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced or could give me suggestions?

Kind Regards
    Nathan

Previous Medication:
    Propranalol, Sertraline, Seroxat and Citalopram

Song covers on sound cloud:
    http://soundcloud.com/nathan-daly

Re: Painful muscle spasms and twitching

Most of the early symptoms described in ALS are more of a catch all than a definite. The important thing to remember with ALS is that it's not about feeling, it's about failing. Since you're having widespread cramps and twitches, you've nothing to worry about. ALS causes weakness to the point of the muscle completely failing to work at all, you would have much more severe symptoms even if it was early stages.

If your anxiety is poorly controlled or spiking, you'll find that it mimics a lot of neurological symptoms. I get cramps, twitches, numbness and the like on a daily basis. My anxiety is poorly controlled (self inflicted in that i'm unable to take medication because of pharmacophobia) and that's the most likely cause.

I find walking to be a pain at the moment because I get dizzy, lightheaded and out of breath as well as feeling like my legs and arms are going numb. All anxiety related most likely.

If you're under a lot of stress because of it, why not see if your doctor has any advice for getting rid of the cramps?

Pregabalin 300mg

Thread Information