Hi there, I haven't used this forum in a while. I had a distaturous holiday with a few friends, which resulted in some frosty relations between my one of my closest friends and I. I returned home early after some family issues, but there had been a lot of fighting before that. Anyways, since I've returned I've been thinking worst case scenarios. "What if he comes back and wants to fight me?" "What if he comes back and comes looking for me?" "What if he comes back and tries to kill me?"

Crazy stuff. In my mind I know it's probably irrational but he's bigger than me and I consider him dangerous when he's angry, so I'm ruminating in my mind that maybe I'm physically in danger...

After coming back from holiday though, I've realised that maybe I want to get away from that group of friends, especially this one, because I feel like I've outgrown them and i feel like they are bringing me down. But I feel trapped, because again, if I decided to try and stop speaking to one or two, I'm going to be vilified and then again my anxiety flairs up that maybe I'd be in danger.

I've spoken to another friend, who is close to the group, and he has said he thinks I'm overreacting slightly. But an outsider's view would really help as having a history of anxiety, I don't trust myself anymore. But I know this guy, although he's a close friend he's got a nasty streak.

Sorry for it being so long.