Thread: 1st day

1st day

Took my first dose of generic lexapro tonight - 10mg and hoping and praying it helps. I was prescribed an antihistamine (hydroxyzine or something?) for accrue anxiety- especially at night. I’m drowsy which for me is a good thing.

I took Citalopram for a month and had little help from it. I believe I took lexapro about 6 years ago and it helped greatly so I’m staying hopeful that this time it will help as well.

Are there any side effects I should know about?

Re: 1st day

Stick with it. Do NOT Google the side effects. Your mind will trick you into believing you have them. Come here and make a journal with what you are experiencing and there is tons of us who are just starting out too and can let you know if we experienced it too.

I won't lie to you, the first couple weeks were rough. But i was miserable going into the meds... so it was mostly my fault that I was as bad as I was. The medicine only exasperated the symptoms I ALREADY had due to ANXIETY. I'm on day 44 of 10 mg escitalopram and I feel sooooooooooooooo much better.

As hard as it gets, stick with it, breath, and come here and well help get you through this!

Re: 1st day

Thanks so much for the reply! I’m glad you have found it helpful today I felt very drowsy - hard time concentrating and felt like my anxiety was exacerbated some. It has been really bad lately anyway so it’s hard to know if it’s just a side effect or my symptoms just hanging around.

Do you mind if I ask what your anxiety issues are as far as what the medicine helps with? For me I have generalized anxiety, as well as pretty severe health anxiety. That’s my current struggle and it makes it hard to get thru the days because I feel like a horrible health crisis is coming at every turn and will ruin everything in life so why bother. Sounds nuts but I’m so hoping that the medicine can help me develop a more positive outlook on life and situations.

I will definitely try and update here as a journal for what I notice with the meds! Thanks again

Thread Information