Thread: You name it, I’ve had it.

Smile You name it, I’ve had it.

Hey everyone, my name is Jason call me JT, I’m 30 and I’ve been suffering with HA for over 3 years now. My sufferable journey started when I discovered a small lump on my inner thigh which turned out to be a tiny cyst but of course burrowed deep in my self-conscious was a nagging voice that what I really had was the dreaded ‘C’.

Ever since, I’ve had just about every symptom you can imagine in such a short space of time compared to a lot of you who’ve been suffering for well over a decade it would seem, I don’t know how you’ve coped for so long! Another big fear of mine was DVT when I convinced myself that a tight calf muscle caused by cramp was in fact a deadly blood clot waiting to fill my lungs, this consumed my life for months until a round of physio sorted it out in no time.

My current dread is colorectal cancer as I’ve recently been diagnosed with IBS but we can’t believe that now can we? 😂 so yeah it’s started again but I’m sure it will pass, like all of you here I want to make friends and meet like-minded people. So I mean it when I say, if you have any worries, symptoms, fears and you feel you have nowhere to turn, I’m here to listen and share my experiences with you. People underestimate HA and the absolute demon baggage that it really is, let’s help each other through it.

🤘

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya JT_Judas and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: You name it, I’ve had it.

Hello and welcome
    We mostly all joined over a fear of something! Hope the forum can help you with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just joined the website today... I’m absolutely consumed with fear of health problems that are completely out of the question for people my age but i still allow it to practically cripple me... i also am here to make friends so feel free to reach out if you ever need to talk

Hi Jason
    how kind of you< I am sure we all would like to take advantage of your kind offer<
    It is so important to have someone to unload too,
    I would not like to think there is anyone who feels as I do at the moment< my HA is at it's worse.
    symptoms--headache, feeling nauseous. odd pains everywhere. and tight chest, how is that for a start? oh yes, impatient and cross<I don't sound very nice do I?
    nice to talk

Quote Originally Posted by kay1218 View Post
    I just joined the website today... I’m absolutely consumed with fear of health problems that are completely out of the question for people my age but i still allow it to practically cripple me... i also am here to make friends so feel free to reach out if you ever need to talk

Hi Kay

Thanks for the response.

I absolutely feel your pain, I honestly blame Google. This is the downfall with technology. You convince yourself that looking at Google won't harm you and then you do, and you end up in a state of dreaded panic! There are literally thousands of illnesses and diseases that could cause the exact same symptoms so why do we only concentrate on the worst case scenario no matter how unlikely it is? Because Google tells us so. You may want to Google (for good this time) 'Confirmation Bias', there are some very interesting articles on the subject which explains why we accept that our symptoms lead to the worst and most unlikely causes (in our heads). It's good reading and it might just help you think a little differently. Feel free to chat any time! Talk to as many people as you can =)

JT

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by welsh girl View Post
    Hi Jason
    how kind of you< I am sure we all would like to take advantage of your kind offer<
    It is so important to have someone to unload too,
    I would not like to think there is anyone who feels as I do at the moment< my HA is at it's worse.
    symptoms--headache, feeling nauseous. odd pains everywhere. and tight chest, how is that for a start? oh yes, impatient and cross<I don't sound very nice do I?
    nice to talk
    Hi Welsh Girl

Thank you for the kind welcome. Your post made me smile, not because I'm a cruel, uncaring person, but because it rings so true to me. One thing that usually makes me feel better if I ever suffer a variety of symptoms at the same time is justifying to myself that no illness ever presents itself in so many different ways at once! It is extremely unlikely. Right now I'm suffering with lower back pain... which is probably a strained muscle as I do lots of heavy lifting (drum equipment mostly) and I've done my back before, but couple that with IBS (supposedly) and numbness in my lower region and I'm thinking much worse. Trying to stay positive but you know, good days and the worst days.

Feel free to message me any time =)

JT

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Hello and welcome
    We mostly all joined over a fear of something! Hope the forum can help you with yours.

Thanks Scass!

Me too, talking really does help, I should have been a counsellor!

JT

Thread Information