Thread: agoraphobia

agoraphobia

Hi everybody, just wanted to say these baby steps for aroraphobia, it sure is a long job and every day is different, sometimes you do better than others, but I'd like to ask other sufferers with the blessed agoraphobia on here how the hell do you get to the dentist, it's the waiting for them to call you in that get's to me as well, that's of course if I've got that far in the first place, no one knows what you go through, with these horrible feelings and you know the saying I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy well if it mean't me being free of them I definately would, found this site www.anxietycare.org.uk

Re: agoraphobia

Distraction is the key. Take a puzzle book to do so your mind is concentrating on other things.

Water and rescue remedy will help the anxious feelings.

Make sure you eat before you go so your blood sugar levels don't drop which will make you feel worse anyway!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I agree with Nicola, distraction is a big key & I also had someone to take me. I called my dentist & explained about my agorophobia & they were brilliant, they gave me an appointment for first thing in the morning, so I more of less went straight in. Good luck!

The last time I went was because I absolutely had to and once I explained my situation to them they couldn't have been nicer.

Its The Anticapation........we Are Worriers We Think The What Ifs All The Time....but What Ya Need To Do Is Change That To So What Ive Had These Feelings Millions Of Times......i Was Really Bad W/agraphobia Yrs Back ...i Can Now Work And Ect......i Still Have Good And Bad Days Tho....its Very Hard To Live With This But Once We Know What It Is And How To Deal With It .it All Comes Slowly To Ya.......i Wish Ya The Best......linda Xx

Thread Information