Thread: worried i might have heart failure.

worried i might have heart failure.

hello everyone. sorry to bother. I had a question. so today I brought some bags inside from the grocery store. and I noticed I was coughing and when I took a deep breath i felt and heard a crackling kinda thing. I relaxed and moved around after a bit to try and see if it would happen again. and it did. I had an echo done 4 months ago in February 23rd and. my electrophsyilogist said my heart was fine. and my heart wasn't weak. should I be worried? I'm going on 20 years old and I am tired of worrying. and any advice on my compulsions? cause I keep trying to exercise and take deep breaths to see if there is a sound.

Re: worried i might have heart failure.

Hello,
    Please don’t apologise for posting.
    I see you’ve posted about heart things before. Is this a particular worry of yours?

It could have been dust or something that made you cough. Sometimes we just cough, sometimes there’s a slight wheeze due to an irritant.
    Don’t try and force yourself to do it again, you’ll end up aching, and then worrying about the aching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coughing and chest crackling can be caused by seasonal allergies (hay fever) as your airways produce a lot of mucus.

At 20, this has a 0.000000001% chance of being indicative of heart failure.

yea I worry alot about pvcs I have. and also anything that is a remote sign of heart failure. today I did some high intensity stuff. I just did a couple squats and air punching as hard as I could. I did this for not even really a minute. but I did it as hard as I could. I took some deep breaths and I didn't hear the crackling so that's good. I did have to lay down though. cause I felt very nauseous. I'm assuming that's normal and not a sign of heart failure. right?

Hello,

From what you said, it’s very very unlikely that you have heart failure. The previous echocardiogram would have likely shown a dilated left ventricle with a reduced ejaction fraction if you had heart failure. But since you’re echo was clear it’s very unlikely. The symptoms of heart failure are shortness of breath when lying down or exercising, swelling in legs, ankles and feet ( oedema) and fatigue or weakness. Heart failure is more common in older people and people who have Hypertension ( high blood pressure) and coronary artery disease. You’re a 20 year old male with a Recently clear echocardiogram. it’s EXTREMELY unlikely that you have heart failure or any problems with you’re heart. try to relax and stay fit !.

You won't have heart failure at 20 to be fair.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information