Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Referred about mole - terrified

Referred about mole - terrified

Hello everyone this is my first post after reading the forums for years, it always helped with my HA which I have suffered with since I can remember.

I’m 26 and expecting my second baby, my HA has been pretty well managed these past couple years, until now.

I have lots of moles and skin cancer has always been the main trigger for my HA, I noticed one of my back felt raised so confidently booked a GP appointment expecting to be told all was fine and my anxiety to calm down again. Well I was wrong, she referred me via the 2 week wait nhs programme and now since coming home my anxiety is through the roof I can’t concerntrate and feel like I’m losing myself.

I think the worst part is I for once expected it to be fine and it wasn’t. Please help I need all the positive stories I can get.

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

I tried to post an image of the mole but can’t until my post count is up.

Re: Referred about mole - terrified

That doesn't mean there's anything to worry about at all. NHS doesn't consider moles (even angry ones) to be urgent.

A couple of years ago I had a mole grow rapidly, get crusty and eventually start bleeding. I called for a GP appointment and they offered me one in a week. I, of course protested. They didn't budge. I eventually paid for a private appointment, to be told the mole was fine. A week later it dropped off and disappeared.

Your GP is just playing it safe, and if she was worried about anything it wouldn't be a 2 week wait.

Thank you for responding, I’m trying to tell myself that I just think because skin cancer is my biggest fear I can’t seem to think rationally, plus being pregnant!

Just hope I get my letter soon.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

It's possible that you're being referred because you're pregnant as a 'just in case' type of thing.

The vast majority of 'dodgy' moles aren't cancerous anyway.

Thanks again, the waiting for the letter then the appointment day is really going to drive me insane, it’s only been half a day since my appointment and I’m already driving myself mad.

Another rough day today, seem to be holding my son extra tight preparing myself for bad news. Just so fed up of feeling this way :(

Time goes incredibly slowly when you are terribly frightened and agitated.
    I hope you get your appointment date really soon so that you will know what is going on, if anything. These fast track appointments are there to protect us and the GPs and I'm sure your GP is doing this referral under the 14 day fast track system because you are pregnant and naturally very anxious and she wants you to be reassured asap as opposed to waiting months for an appointment.

Keep posting on here if it helps. It's horrible not knowing but the worst thing you can do is Google and self-diagnose.

Think positively instead.

There is no reason to believe it is cancer and it may even be removed for you.

You can't carry on worrying like this over nothing so far.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you both. I’m worrying about worrying at this point because I feel like it has an effect on the baby, the waiting is the worst part then I think even after my apt if they remove it I’ll be waiting even more for the results

Being pregnant can het moles become more active. It is likely due to hormones. My GP also jus referred me to a dermatologist for a check of a mole she thinks is too different to other moles I have. It triggered my HA after 7 years without any fears. Being a parent also brings stress because you do not only want to stay alive for yourself but also for your child(ren). I hope the dermatologist can het you reassured it is all fine.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information