Thread: Week 4 of lexapro...Anxiety

Week 4 of lexapro...Anxiety

I was instructed to up my dose to 20mg a day about 4 weeks ago. The first week was hell, but the second week I felt decent. Since then though my anxiety has been slowly coming back and now the last 3 days I've been a wreck again. Constant intrusive thoughts, worry, nausea, just generally feeling like I want to crawl out of my skin. I really hope this is just a bump in the road and I will start to feel better again. Any words of encouragement would go a long way for me right now.

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

Sorry I actually have been on the 20mg of Lexapro for 3 weeks and am just starting my 4th week. It's been something like 24-25 days.

Re: Week 4 of lexapro...Anxiety

I’ve been on escitalopram for 3 months now and it’s been a long and bumpy road. I didn’t really get any real relief from anxiety until I got to 10mg, and that seemed to wear off, and the anxiety really ratcheted up. I’ve also had horrible side effects, including ear and sinus problems. I’ve now been on 15mg for a month, and I really thought I was going to have to give up on it. I became really hyper, the anxiety got worse, the physical symptoms were just as bad too. Now, after 4 weeks, I’m finally feeling an improvement. I felt almost like a normal person last week!

I been on two different ADs in the past, but this has been a really difficult one to start on.

My advice would be to give it more time. You’ve come this far, and things will probably improve.

It takes about 6-8 weeks to show proper improvement with meds... and the start is hard because you can have some good days and also totally rubbish days where you think that the med is not for you...

I would give it some more time... as sleepy has said you have come this far.... The worst part about taking anti-d's you have passed now

good luck

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thank you both so much, just knowing that I'm not the only one who has had some ups and downs while on this med is a great relief to me. I appreciate your replies and hope you are both doing well.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Bread430 View Post
    Sorry I actually have been on the 20mg of Lexapro for 3 weeks and am just starting my 4th week. It's been something like 24-25 days.
    20mg is highest dose in UK, so some side effects are to be expected. However, at that dose, it should be more likely to help you long-term and you can always reduce dose again.

Also, Escit has apparently been found to be one of the most effective ADs in clinical "trials", so I wish you all the best.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thread Information