Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can’t leave the house...

Can’t leave the house...

Here’s some background....
    About two or three weeks ago i had a huge panic attack and ever since my anxiety has been through the roof, i also have had a lot of smaller but still terrifying panic attacks.
    The last week or so I’ve realized I’m just not myself at all... I’m thinking that it’s probably just my anxiety cause a lot of stress on my brain but at the same time i can’t shake the thought that something might me terribly wrong....
    So here’s the problem... the last week or so i have had to force myself to do anything but lay in bed.. i have no appetite and have to make myself eat, i go days without showering then have to force myself to go do it, it even is a tiring though to even go sit in the living room with my family, i cannot get myself to find fun in seeing anyone, i can’t get excited for anything. I just sit in bed and focus on not having a panic attack and i can’t wait to go back to sleep so i don’t have to deal with my anxiety anymore. I am not suicidal, not sure if I’m depressed. But none of this is like me at all...
    Another problem... it feels as though my brain is struggling to think... memories and thinking of the future seem like i have to try so hard to remember... not sure if this is stress related or if there is something wrong??

Not sure what u exactly am asking from you guys, considering none of us are doctors.. maybe just some reassurance that I’m not going crazy, I’m not developing a more severe mental illness, i don’t have some brain problem.. i don’t know.

I know this is long & i am sorry....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Can’t leave the house...

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I also want to add to this.... the night i had the severe panic attack it was triggered by smoking marijuana... everyone that smoked with me was fine so I’m sure it was not laced but I’m just not sure if that is important information in giving me advice/insight

Weed is a classic trigger for anxiety. The same thing happened to me about 12 years ago. I had smoked weed on and off for at least 15 years before that and never had an issue. It's just pot (no pun) luck whether it hits you or not. When it hit me, it hit me like a tonne of bricks.

The anxiety you are experiencing is textbook. The most important thing you can do right now is not start looking for reasons. This is Pandora's box and shouldn't be opened.

You smoked weed, you were hit with a panic attack.

The following anxiety is 'normal' too. It may take weeks for you to come down from the experience. In the meantime, just do your best to accept that this is where you are right now. Acceptance is a powerful tool in combating anxiety.

As horrendous as anxiety feels, it's not actually dangerous.

Allow it to do it's thing, and it will eventually pass....assuming you don't keep feeding it with 'what if it's this' stories.

Was your huge panic attack caused by marijuana. Describe it. Where were you? Who was with you? What was going on?

Quote Originally Posted by GiantMogwai View Post
    Was your huge panic attack caused by marijuana. Describe it. Where were you? Who was with you? What was going on?

I was at my house smoking with my friends... i went inside cause i started to feel funny, i looked in the mirror and i swear i saw my pupils getting huge and tiny over and over and that scared the shit out of me... i immediately began to panic but at the time i didn’t think i was panicking i thought i was dying. I started screaming and crying and saying i couldn’t feel anything because i couldn’t... i ran downstairs to tell my parents.. I’m 18 i still live at home. I was hysterically screaming and begging to be taken to the hospital but i guess my mom could tell it was a panic attack and she told me to try a cold shower. I got in with all my clothes and was sobbing trying to explain how i felt but i felt like no one was listening. I felt like i couldn’t feel anything, i couldn’t think into the past or the the future at all and my thoughts and words were extremely jumbled... i eventually got out of the shower and tried drinking water but i freaked out after that too because i said that i couldn’t feel it going down my throat... i felt like my body was moving in slow motion and i felt like i was minutes away from dying but no one would listen.... after what felt like hours to me i started to come out of it but it had actually been approximately 20 minutes... my knowledge of time was so messed up... i then convinced myself that before i had ran downstairs i had passed out upstairs and died it was dying and that the whole experience i was having was some type of dream... i eventually decided that if that was the case, there was nothing i could do about it so i started testing people to see if it was a dream. I started saying off the Wall things to my mom to see if her reaction would be her real life reaction... i was cussing in front of her and telling her things I’d normally keep a secret.. i also felt like I could predict the future... id ask something and then try to think of their response before they said it... of course i was wring every time but my irrational state of mine told me “of course you’re going to get it wrong.. your body doesn’t want you to know this is a dream” after an hour or so passed i still had a small part of my mind thinking the whole thing was a dream and that i really had died or falling into a coma but for the most part after the first hour i was just extremely high and disoriented.. the next morning i had an extremely stressful situation unfold also so i always say that those were the most stressful 24 hours of my life!

It doesn't matter where you were, who you were with or exactly how you felt. Weed can and does cause unpredictable and massive panic and anxiety in a lot of users.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    It doesn't matter where you were, who you were with or exactly how you felt. Weed can and does cause unpredictable and massive panic and anxiety in a lot of users.

I totally agree!! Those were the same people I’ve always done it with in the same place I’ve always done it. I’ve read that certain strains can affect you different and my personal theory is that i had my first “body high” and it scared the shit out of me. Then the normal symptoms of a panic attack mixed with being extremely high... created my situation

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Disagree. I know from personal experience these all matter in respect of subsequent avoidance. I get what you mean in terms of cause. Weed is the cause. Fine. I just think where and with whom this happened affects avoidance and the way forward, so in this case the first step is getting straight with the other members of the household and getting comfortable moving about the house without feeling too freaked out.

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Also staying off the weed.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantMogwai View Post
    Disagree. I know from personal experience these all matter in respect of subsequent avoidance. I get what you mean in terms of cause. Weed is the cause. Fine. I just think where and with whom this happened affects avoidance and the way forward, so in this case the first step is getting straight with the other members of the household and getting comfortable moving about the house without feeling too freaked out.

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Also staying off the weed.

I think i was unclear.... I’m not freaked out or scared by being in other parts of the house or around my family... i just don’t feel up to it. I’m extremely exhausted and mentally drained from the last few weeks being so filled with anxiety and anxiety. Also i haven’t smoked since and truly never plan to

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information