Thread: Xanax not working on palpitations !!!

Xanax not working on palpitations !!!

When I do extensive travel (3+ months) I come home exhausted, as in Chronic Fatigue Symptom exhausted... It feels like adrenal fatigue... The last time (several years ago) I found it took 2 hellish months to clear up.. I'd get random palpitations (one skipped beat every min or two) for days... That's really anxiety inducing..

I went to ER at night probably 8x.. Wore the EKG and all they said was that I was having palps and a panic attack. Eventually they went away.

Now I just got back from a long trip 2 weeks ago and the palps are back... I was taking 0.25mg every 6hr and it was cutting the palps almost 100%... However I've been on it about a month and now the 0.25 isn't working.

I first went to 0.5 every 8hr.. and right now I've just had 0.75 and STILL GETTING PALPS....

Is this normal? What can I do? I've got 0.75mg in me right now and still feel like i'm on the edge of a panic attack...

Re: Xanax not working on palpitations !!!

Why don't you try a higher dose. Sometimes when I am really panicking I need the full 1MG to quell my anxiety. That will stop the palps. Then go find something relaxing to watch on TV to take your mind off of it. It will settle. Keep us posted.

Thread Information