Thread: Scared of heart attack...

Scared of heart attack...

So I have been under an extreme amount of stress this past couple weeks. I have been extremely irritable and anxious. I have also been depressed. OverallX I haven't been in the best shape. Because I'm depressed I don't have the desire to cook. And because I don't have the desire to cook, I'm not receiving adequate nutrients to sustain energy. I understand that, but frankly all I wanna do is lay in bed. I have been having palpitations on and off. But tonight I experienced like almost a crushing feeling in my chest. It didn't last long. But now I'm worried that I'm causing myself to possibly have a heart attack. I'm only 26, but I read online that you can have a heart attack in the absence of coronary artery disease. This in turn is making me more depressed because I feel like my anxiety is causing me more problems. I am terrified that I have an impending heart attack and I'm extremely depressed about it.

Re: Scared of heart attack...

You’re 26, you’re not going to have a heart attack, simple as that. I know it’s hard, but you need to find the strength to take care of yourself and treat your anxiety. From there, many of your problems will disappear.

Re: Scared of heart attack...

Try to break the cycle with small positive steps. For example, you are too tired and stressed to cook (I understand that one, it feels like such a huge project in your state that you avoid it!) so even though you eat an unhealthy meal take the baby step and eat a banana or some fruit/vegetable also. The positive action will slowly build up...maybe the next day you eat that banana and go for a 10- minute walk, etc. and soon cooking a good meal won't feel so tough.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thread Information