Thread: switched from citalopram to sertraline- can anyone offer me any hope?

switched from citalopram to sertraline- can anyone offer me any hope?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I've always suffered with anxiety of some sort but this has got much worse in the last year due to various life difficulties. I was prescribed citalopram 10mg by my GP 5 weeks ago but I suffered very bad side effects (complete loss of appetite, being sick, night panic attacks and sweats, insomnia...) so I was told to cut down to 5mg. This helped the side effects and I felt less unwell, then after 3 weeks, I started alternating between 5 and 10mg daily to try to get back up to 10mg. After 5 days of doing this I was feeling sick and unwell again so my dr said I should switch to setraline.

I have been taking 25mg for 5 days and felt ok first few days but am now struggling with feeling sick again especially in the morning before I even take the tablet and am gagging a lot :( I also feel like my anxiety has increased again...

Can anyone reassure me that things will get better? I'm struggling to find any hope at the moment. My main issue is health anxiety and all these side effects are just making it worse :( I feel like they aren't going to work for me.

Thanks

Re: switched from citalopram to sertraline- can anyone offer me any hope?

Hiya, it will get better. I started Sertraline on 50mg and I felt extremely sick, had the worst headaches, insomnia, night panic attacks, spaced out etc. but after the first week on the tablets the side effects do wear off. And if the medication/level is right for you you should start feeling a benefit in your anxiety in 4-6 weeks.

I've just been increased to 100mg this week. For me in total it is week 5 and I think I'm getting a little bit better ...

Thread Information