Thread: Lightheadedness/Palpitations/ect.

Unhappy Lightheadedness/Palpitations/ect.

I'm new here, and I am 15 years old. I've been having alot of troubles, and I have been very very scared of how I feel. I get feelings like I am falling backward. Also I f'd eel like I'm moving up and down, forward and backward when I'm not. I get all lightheaded, and When I feel this way I also have like sensations in my head. And also, I sometimes get like this pressure and heaviness in my head (but it doesn't hurt) I also get like purple cold hands and feet that are like lacking blood circulation. I also have feelings like my heart is fluttering, or skipping beats. Or adding a stronger one. I Also feel like I am holding my breath, or breathing shortly. But I don't breathe fast, so it's not hyperventilating, right? It just feels like I have poor breathing. Like I forget to breathe. I get SO anxious about these feelings and look them up alot, and have panic attacks about them and it's ut gets really bad:( I went to a cardiologist and they did an ekg but I am still worried and my mom said she can't keep taking me back. I am freaking out! The most scariest symptoms are the lightheaded feelings and heart feelings. And I have them alot! Anyone relate??

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Lovelybird02 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Lightheadedness/Palpitations/ect.

hiya i can completely relate. anxiety can cause a whole load of unpleasant symptoms to the point you believe there is something seriously wrong, but there isn't. heart palpitations are awful but common with anxiety. i also experience the lightheaded feeling and normally when i have an anxiety attack i do get the pins and needles in my hands too!

for your breathing you could actually be hyperventilating so when you feel you aren't breathing properly there are loads of apps you can get on your phone where you follow a circle with your breathing so it could be breathe in for 6 seconds hold for 2 and breathe out for 6 seconds (example). or if you haven't got your phone what i do when i feel that way even if i feel like i'm not taking in air is to take one big breath all the way OUT so there's no air in my lungs at all and then it helps me regulate my breathing.

meditation is helpful as well i think. try to learn to accept your symptoms are anxiety and in time it will get easier. good luck

Re: Lightheadedness/Palpitations/ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Graceski View Post
    hiya i can completely relate. anxiety can cause a whole load of unpleasant symptoms to the point you believe there is something seriously wrong, but there isn't. heart palpitations are awful but common with anxiety. i also experience the lightheaded feeling and normally when i have an anxiety attack i do get the pins and needles in my hands too!

for your breathing you could actually be hyperventilating so when you feel you aren't breathing properly there are loads of apps you can get on your phone where you follow a circle with your breathing so it could be breathe in for 6 seconds hold for 2 and breathe out for 6 seconds (example). or if you haven't got your phone what i do when i feel that way even if i feel like i'm not taking in air is to take one big breath all the way OUT so there's no air in my lungs at all and then it helps me regulate my breathing.

meditation is helpful as well i think. try to learn to accept your symptoms are anxiety and in time it will get easier. good luck

Awe! Thankyou so much! That is very helpful and now I have an app

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by donnasimons View Post
    great advice there by Grace. meditation is THE key and not to forget reaching out to professionals who are known to your families or friends to be effective.
    Hi! Thankyou for replying! I do have a therapist, she isn't very helpful, but my mom is trying to get me a new one

Thread Information