Thread: Heart palpitations. First ECG abnormal, second one was fine. Panicking

Heart palpitations. First ECG abnormal, second one was fine. Panicking

Hi this is my first post on here. I am 29 years old, no history of heart problems. I did have a pulmonary embolism 3 years ago whilst pregnant.

4 days ago I got one strong really painful heart beat /palpitation and since then I've been having more (none painful) palpitations. They are typically one flutter, then a pause in my pulse, then back to normal, and this can happen several times an hour.

I went to my doctor yesterday, they did an ECG and a few bloods, then they called me and said to go to the hospital for more tests as the ECG showed some ischaemic changes. After googling this I was scared it was a blockage in my blood vessels or worse.

After more ECGs at the hospital and full blood work they were happy to let me go home, said it was not a heart attack, nothing Immediately dangerous and they will arrange me to wear a 24 hour tape ecg to monitor my heart at home for a day.

So I'm not scared it's a heart attack any more but I'm scared of having something awful wrong with my heart, because why would the first ECG show ischaemic changes if there was nothing wrong?

Any helpful advice greatly received. I've done plenty of research into lung issues but I'm a complete heart novice and I'm really worried.

X

Re: Heart palpitations. First ECG abnormal, second one was fine. Panicking

I know this is an old thread but care to share what the problem ended up being?

Re: Heart palpitations. First ECG abnormal, second one was fine. Panicking

Quote Originally Posted by Radiationworried View Post
    I know this is an old thread but care to share what the problem ended up being?
    Not only is it an old thread but the member posted once and hasn't returned. Based on the track record of fear vs. reality, I'd place my bet on all turned out fine

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information