Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Valium man has sent me Martin Dow Valium are they Lidget

Re: My Valium man has sent me Martin Dow Valium are they Lidget

Quote Originally Posted by unfitwellhappy View Post
    Martin Dow being a pharma company operating out of Pakistan it's anyone's guess whether they are legitimate or not.

nomorepanic - don't be naive, of course there are users on here who are purchasing 'illicit' Valium...

For harm reduction sake I would absolutely recommend NOT buying from street vendors or the darkweb but if you are intent on doing it this way then sending a sample away to the countless testing services is the only sure fire way of knowing what the chemical composition is.

I would also follow Benjammin69's advice and come clean with a GP or local drug service - they will start you on a healthy taper plan along with any associated counselling that you really should be getting.
    I don't think a forum should be allowing any promotion of the illegal use of drugs. And the law will back that. Nic has to remain within the law, whether people "get up to it" or not remember. Other forums may do what they want simply because of the nature of the internet...

How do you send off a sample of an illegally obtained drug for testing? Don't the lab ask why you aren't an approved party or that you don't have a valid prescription to check it?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I am not naive but I really don't think members on this forum do it to be honest. I am not saying people don't but I just don't think it is ones that sign up to an anxiety forum asking where to buy it.
    I completely understand, however there will be some members who struggle to get their required Rx for whatever reasons (financial, bad GP/Psych) and who need to go through other more 'illicit' channels to get their meds.

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I don't think a forum should be allowing any promotion of the illegal use of drugs. And the law will back that. Nic has to remain within the law, whether people "get up to it" or not remember. Other forums may do what they want simply because of the nature of the internet...

How do you send off a sample of an illegally obtained drug for testing? Don't the lab ask why you aren't an approved party or that you don't have a valid prescription to check it?
    Hi Terry - there was no promotion of illicit drug use.

Full disclosure - I am an addict, I have however been clean for many many years and it would be both irresponsible and unethical of me to not provide advice around harm reduction regardless of the situation.

There are many anonymous testing services available online - I would never advertise them but they do exist - they basically test your sample's chemical makeup and post their findings.

I know first hand that this type of service has saved peoples lives. There was a story of a lot of 'fake' valium which was being sold in a certain part of Scotland - said valium was tested and it turned out that it contained fentanyl - by posting these results, people would avoid them and hence the massive risk of OD.

I want everyone who uses this forum to be given all the help they can, even if the advice is around the use of meds purchased without a valid Rx.

The OP should absolutely NOT take them and should speak to a GP - we both know that, we both also know that addicts tend not to follow the best advice and that harm reduction is sometimes the only way forward.

I'm not being a d**k or anything like that but I've been in the OP's shoes and ultimately just want him to be safe.

I hope you take this in the civil manner in which it was meant - it's difficult to convey tone on a forum.

Regards,

Andy

Does anybody know how quickly you get addicted to valium?

My GP would prescribe me 4 x 5mg tablets for the dentist and medical procedures, so not that often.

Because i've had a really hard time for a while, in the last year i've had about 6 short courses of 14 x 5mg. The last two being 14 x 2mg in mid September and he actually gave me 28 x 2mg ten day's ago and i've taken twelve. So that's a little of 2mg per day for ten day's.

You can't get addicted at that level, can you?

What's the difference between that and GP's dishing out co-codamol, which is an opiate? Or antidepressants? which are hard to come off. It took me around 18 months to come off seroxat, so what's the difference?

During the 60's, 70's and 80's they dished out valium like smarties, my Dad told me a few years ago he took Valium through the 70's and 80's.

Valium stops my anxiety in it's tracks and let's be honest antidepressants are pretty heavy duty mind altering things that really can't be doing us much good?

I see it here often people taking 2 antidepressants, pregabelin(sp) and beta blockers all at the same time.

At one time i was taking Mirtazapine, Seroxat and beta blokers. I now just take the Mirt, but i've been offered Venlafaxine and Quetiapine(sp) to go with it but refused. I probably will try something with the Mirt at some point, but what's the difference? We are still pumping ourselves full of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post

My GP would prescribe me 4 x 5mg tablets for the dentist and medical procedures, so not that often.

Because i've had a really hard time for a while, in the last year i've had about 6 short courses of 14 x 5mg. The last two being 14 x 2mg in mid September and he actually gave me 28 x 2mg ten day's ago and i've taken twelve. So that's a little of 2mg per day for ten day's.

What's the difference between that and GP's dishing out co-codamol, which is an opiate? Or antidepressants? which are hard to come off. It took me around 18 months to come off seroxat, so what's the difference?

During the 60's, 70's and 80's they dished out valium like smarties, my Dad told me a few years ago he took Valium through the 70's and 80's.

Valium stops my anxiety in it's tracks and let's be honest antidepressants are pretty heavy duty mind altering things that really can't be doing us much good?

I see it here often people taking 2 antidepressants, pregabelin(sp) and beta blockers all at the same time.

At one time i was taking Mirtazapine, Seroxat and beta blokers. I now just take the Mirt, but i've been offered Venlafaxine and Quetiapine(sp) to go with it but refused. I probably will try something with the Mirt at some point, but what's the difference? We are still pumping ourselves full of crap.

Hi BikerMatt,

I’ve taken and am taking a few of the meds you’ve mentioned, actually I’ve taken a shit load of different psych meds and eventually me and my
    Psych decided that medicating weren’t working so we had to think strategically. I had to have a Med for depression, a med for mood, a med for physical anxiety then use a benzo PRN when the anxiety or panic gets to much. I have been prescribed loads of benzos and different kinds. I think there are different levels of addiction or dependency - I am dependant on a benzo to fix my panic attack I am not addicted to benzos that mean I have to take one daily. It’s not about the amount or volume of pills you take it’s about the ability to stop or how dependant you are. Some people wake up and think I hate the way I feel I need a benzo.... that’s when things are bad.

Your usage and reasoning seems legit so don’t stress about it and take them for when you need mate

I'll try to break down your post and explain.

It's a very difficult question to answer because everyone's body chemistry is different however from the doses you have posted above, I doubt you run the risk of addiction.

You are on very low doses and have been taking them for a relatively short period of time.

Addiction to Diazepam is different to a lot of meds as there is a risk of seizures etc but from your doses/timescales you DO NOT have to worry about this.

Regardless of your doses/timescales being relatively low and short lived I would still absolutely recommend a short taper plan - it's never a good idea to stop any med cold turkey - lowering your dose gradually will allow your brain to return to it's own baseline and function as it's supposed to - Diazepam has a very long half life so this is relatively easy to do as long as you have the willpower to stick to the taper.

As a side note regarding cocodamol - codeine is a relatively weak opiate and is nothing like kicking heroin.

Speak to your GP about your concerns and listen to your own body. Practice mindfulness..

I found a warm bath with magnesium flakes and mindfulness a lot more effective than any benzo..

Andy

Thanks Ben and Andy.

So each time i've had the 14x5mg courses i could take three per day so they would've lasted 5 days. I never took them at that amount and each time probably made them last 4 to 6 weeks. If i'd taken the maximum could that've caused problems.

Same with this course, 28x2mg with a maximum of 3 per day? Which at that would last 9 days. This course so far i've taken a little over an average of 2mg a day, but none some days and 6mg yesterday.

I suppose how longs a piece of string.

Also talking about co-codamol my GP gave me the strongest 30/500 for my herniated lumbar disc at a dose of 2, 4 times a day, i'd say that was a lot of codeine, no? To be honest he gave me about 100 and i took no more than 6.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks Ben and Andy.

So each time i've had the 14x5mg courses i could take three per day so they would've lasted 5 days. I never took them at that amount and each time probably made them last 4 to 6 weeks. If i'd taken the maximum could that've caused problems.

Same with this course, 28x2mg with a maximum of 3 per day? Which at that would last 9 days. This course so far i've taken a little over an average of 2mg a day, but none some days and 6mg yesterday.

I suppose how longs a piece of string.

Also talking about co-codamol my GP gave me the strongest 30/500 for my herniated lumbar disc at a dose of 2, 4 times a day, i'd say that was a lot of codeine, no? To be honest he gave me about 100 and i took no more than 6.

Hope that makes sense

Because of the paracetamol in cocodamol NEVER exceed the stated dosage as it’ll do a number on your liver - as I said before codeine is quite a weak opiate and actually not everyone has the enzyme required to convert it properly.

If you are getting by with days not taking the 2my and you aren’t getting any problems relating to this then take that as a massive positive.

I’d be careful taking cocodamol and diazepam though due to the potential sedation.

Stick to the dose prescribed for both and you will be ok, tell your GP that when you are coming off them to taper.

Once again NEVER take more than the max dose of cocodamol. Paracetamol overdose is a long strung out painful experience with a low mortality rate so don’t risk it. Not even once.

Andy

Matt, the reason they prescribe short courses (outside of a psychiatrist) is to prevent dependency as you know. Normally a two week course is a max but it depends what it's for. GP's are reluctant to go over a month because the guidance tells them not too. This is also to cut down on the over prescription issue and leave longer term therapies to psychiatrists to authorise first.

You won't need a taper because you won't be dependant but stopping the knockout drops is obviously going to mean your own anxiety is left unchecked. But it's not rebound anxiety or withdrawal. It can be beneficial to ease out rather than return back to the old levels of anxiety but if your anxiety isn't going to improve long term it's debatable by how much as it may only prolong that return, it might just be less of a harsh jolt.

Some people use diazepam over longer periods but don't stick to the 3 a day prescription and it is possible to become interdose dependant, just ask dally about her experience, but those guys take them for much longer than you are doing.

Diazepam has a fairly short half life (elimination) and using a standard model it would be around 48hrsx5 to get to <5%. The long half life issue is with the active metabolite which is very long (up to 100 hours) so that can remain in the body much longer while it's eliminating it and obviously can build up in other areas likely why people fail drug testing later down the line. It's also probably why interdose dependency becomes an issue for some. That and the fact long term users see the half life increase.

It will be up to your GP whether a taper is needed but they may be resistant simply because you may be asking for more than they were willing to prescribe to do a taper.

---------- Post added at 02:36 ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unfitwellhappy View Post
    Hi Terry - there was no promotion of illicit drug use.

Full disclosure - I am an addict, I have however been clean for many many years and it would be both irresponsible and unethical of me to not provide advice around harm reduction regardless of the situation.

There are many anonymous testing services available online - I would never advertise them but they do exist - they basically test your sample's chemical makeup and post their findings.

I know first hand that this type of service has saved peoples lives. There was a story of a lot of 'fake' valium which was being sold in a certain part of Scotland - said valium was tested and it turned out that it contained fentanyl - by posting these results, people would avoid them and hence the massive risk of OD.

I want everyone who uses this forum to be given all the help they can, even if the advice is around the use of meds purchased without a valid Rx.

The OP should absolutely NOT take them and should speak to a GP - we both know that, we both also know that addicts tend not to follow the best advice and that harm reduction is sometimes the only way forward.

I'm not being a d**k or anything like that but I've been in the OP's shoes and ultimately just want him to be safe.

I hope you take this in the civil manner in which it was meant - it's difficult to convey tone on a forum.

Regards,

Andy
    Hi Andy,

No, I realise there was no promotion. My point was to back the site rules because we get people joining just to ask where to buy drugs, sell them, pretend to be a user, etc. Some people joining aren't asking about anxiety and it's unclear whether they are using them for other reasons, they are using it as a drugs board. They tend to get banned and threads deleted. There are forums for that sort of thing who will happily discuss a lot more than Nic appears to be happy with.

There was nothing in your post promoting their use, quite the opposite. But I was interested in legal labs willing to test potentially illegal substances as I wasn't aware of that issue. I'm sure if they find a fraudulent substance they will have to report it to the MHRA but I found it strange they accepted anything from anyone without a valid legal document to prove they are entitled to possess it. Seems like another one of those iffy areas around the law.

Certainly no offence taken and thanks for explaining further. I can appreciate your willingness to want to help keep people safe, it's a good thing after all.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Matt, the reason they prescribe short courses (outside of a psychiatrist) is to prevent dependency as you know. Normally a two week course is a max but it depends what it's for. GP's are reluctant to go over a month because the guidance tells them not too. This is also to cut down on the over prescription issue and leave longer term therapies to psychiatrists to authorise first.

You won't need a taper because you won't be dependant but stopping the knockout drops is obviously going to mean your own anxiety is left unchecked. But it's not rebound anxiety or withdrawal. It can be beneficial to ease out rather than return back to the old levels of anxiety but if your anxiety isn't going to improve long term it's debatable by how much as it may only prolong that return, it might just be less of a harsh jolt.

Some people use diazepam over longer periods but don't stick to the 3 a day prescription and it is possible to become interdose dependant, just ask dally about her experience, but those guys take them for much longer than you are doing.

Diazepam has a fairly short half life (elimination) and using a standard model it would be around 48hrsx5 to get to <5%. The long half life issue is with the active metabolite which is very long (up to 100 hours) so that can remain in the body much longer while it's eliminating it and obviously can build up in other areas likely why people fail drug testing later down the line. It's also probably why interdose dependency becomes an issue for some. That and the fact long term users see the half life increase.

It will be up to your GP whether a taper is needed but they may be resistant simply because you may be asking for more than they were willing to prescribe to do a taper.

---------- Post added at 02:36 ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 ----------

Hi Andy,

No, I realise there was no promotion. My point was to back the site rules because we get people joining just to ask where to buy drugs, sell them, pretend to be a user, etc. Some people joining aren't asking about anxiety and it's unclear whether they are using them for other reasons, they are using it as a drugs board. They tend to get banned and threads deleted. There are forums for that sort of thing who will happily discuss a lot more than Nic appears to be happy with.

There was nothing in your post promoting their use, quite the opposite. But I was interested in legal labs willing to test potentially illegal substances as I wasn't aware of that issue. I'm sure if they find a fraudulent substance they will have to report it to the MHRA but I found it strange they accepted anything from anyone without a valid legal document to prove they are entitled to possess it. Seems like another one of those iffy areas around the law.

Certainly no offence taken and thanks for explaining further. I can appreciate your willingness to want to help keep people safe, it's a good thing after all.
    Terry, Thanks for the reply

I get my Valium prescribed by my GP. 28 tablets every month for muscle spasms and it’s on my repeat prescription now. Took me a long time to find a good GP who made a plan with me to help with my ongoing back pain and muscle spasms as most other GPs were not even comfortable prescribe me a weeks course. My GP knows I take them responsibly and I take it for a legit medical problem. What I’m trying to say is don’t buy dodgy Valium off the street, you never know what you’re gonna get, might be a pill laced with fentanyl. It’s risky and not worth it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information