Thread: Lymph node or cyst?!

Lymph node or cyst?!

I am fairly new here and looking for some personal experience, suggestions, Advice or anything. For the past 6 months I have had pretty uncomfortable almost unbearable back and shoulder pain. I was rubbing my shoulders one day and noticed a small little knot (pea sized) within my muscle I would say. Around 2 weeks later I was taking a picture of my children behind me and caught a glimpse of my shoulder showing a knot (the same as above) that was now sticking out not even a cm. I went on to the dr who I had discussed with before to show him. He was no longer thinking a muscle knot but a lymph node this time. He ordered an ultrasound of it. Within the week waiting for the ultrasound the knot had made my next and shoulders extremely sore (feeling of a bad neck crick or injury) and I was beginning to swell all across my shoulders and up my neck. The ultrasound technician took around 30 minutes then had her supervisor do the scan again. After about another hour she said I believe I see an opening “it’s most likely a sebaceous cyst”. That’s what I was told it is. My dr then called me and said they sent him a report saying sebaceous cyst. (That he said can’t be drained because of no infection) I explained to him I wasn’t comfortable with that diagnosis and he referred me to a general surgeon. I am waiting for that appointment on 7/18. While I have been waiting the knot has gotten bigger, my shoulders and neck more swollen, swollen ankles and calves, numbness in left leg, feverish feeling over entire body but no fever, sweating so much, itching like I’m on drugs or have bugs on me, headache and swollen eye lids and over this last 6 months I have dropped from 130 to 119. Everything may be a coincidence but please if you will give some feedback. I understand this is not a dr office or professional clinic but I need someone to discuss this with. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 15-07-18 at 17:52. Reason: pictures removed

Re: Lymph node or cyst?!

Please can you attach the pictures rather than include them in the post as they are way too big.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I can't see any images, but in any case, the seb cyst is highly unlikely to be causing these symptoms and you're making the connection because of your anxiety.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I removed the pictures as they were huge.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I’m sorry about that! I wasn’t aware about the photos. Thanks for letting me know! And I’m not so much stressing or having anxiety about the cyst. It may all be a coincidence everything occurring at once like I said. I have never had a cyst of any kind before so I don’t exactly know what is “normal”. I do know I feel like I have an infection (drained, feeling feverish, aching body, etc...) but the site where the cyst is, is not infected from what I can see from the outside of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a lipoma in the back of my neck. It's a clearly discernible lump, but it's benign and doesn't warrant treatment. I know it's there, but I don't worry about it.

To the best of my knowledge, sebaceous cysts are also benign. The lump may cause concern, but it is not a cause of typical signs of an infection like fever or body aches.

Generally, if medical staff tell you that you have a benign cyst, you should believe them. However, if you continue to have bodily symptoms, they should be investigated, but always remembering that they may always be caused by anxiety.

Thread Information