Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disbility Living Allowance (DLA)

Disbility Living Allowance (DLA)

Hi,

I'm just wondering how many of you receive Disability Living Allowance (i think it's the middle rate). The reason is because i current receive the lower rate of DLA and have applied for the middle rate (i think that's what it is). I got rejected for that, so i appealed and still got rejected. I'm now taking it to tribunal. I just wondered if anyone with anxiety, etc, actually qualifies for the middle rate or if i'm just wasting my time! I'm not so sure if i qualify, but my dad seems determined to keep appealing! I have a doctor from the tribunal people coming here tomorrow to assess me.

Any thoughts?

Gregor

Re: Disbility Living Allowance (DLA)

i from america so its called different names like did you work enough to get the middle.what that is pay into your taxes your social security? here if you dont you get a enough credits you get SSI and if you worked enough to put enough into your social security you also get a check SSDI....thats how it works here anyways.wish ya the best......Linda

Hi there

I'm not very good with these things. It gets me confused. Personally I think they make it difficult on purpose, but those who really need it can lose out. Anyway, I don't want to suggest things you've already done, but I would either ask my GP for advice, or go to citizens advice bureau who are pretty good.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore. Dream. Discover.

I get DLA middle rate but I am registered Blind, I have never known anyone on DLA with anxiety Depression. Sorry cant help. Vernon

Exclamation Re: Disbility Living Allowance (DLA)

Hi Gregor

Disability living allowance has two parts, a care component and a mobility component. The care component has 3 rates (lower, middle & higher), and the mobility has 2 rates (higher and lower). Apparently it works like this: For the care compnent if you need looking after for about 8 hours of the day you get the lower rate, if you need looking after day OR night you get the middle rate, and if you need care 24 hours of the day you get the higher rate. As for the mobility: God only knows!!

I am agoraphobic, have chronic fatigue syndrome and back problems and was turned down for D.L.A. I appealed and took it to the tribunal and was still turned down! This whole process took 9 friggin months, caused me more anxiety and I still didn't get a penny, so be grateful that at least you get something. I have to exist on incap benefit, which is very hard.

Elspeth

Hiya
    I get the lower rate for mobility and the middle rate for the care componant.
    Im agorophobic and suffer from depresstion and PTS
    Take care
    Blackie

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

“True bravery is shown by performing without witness what one might be capable of doing before all the world

I think once again it's a case of people with the same problems receiving different benefits and there is no rhyme or reason as to the decisions these people make when assessing your claim.

I have received the lower rate of mobility DLA for about 12yrs now. I recently applied for an assessment as I know a few people who are suffereing the same as myself and yet they are also getting the lower rate of the care element. I was turned down. I am not going to bother appealing as I really can't see the point of going through even more stress.

There are people on here who have applied and received a Blue Badge because they have agoraphobia. I have applied 3 times and not been able to get one. The present system sucks basically.

Oh yes Lyn I have a blue badge to but I think its becouse I am registered Blind not the anxiety/Phobia problems, and its so true when I have had my bad spells of anxiety and agrophobia it was much more disabling than being blind.

You All Get People To Come And Help You ? We Dont Get That Here....elspeth That Is So Not Right For Them Refusing You.you Are Disabled.....the World Is A Funny Pace Isnt It...are Laws And Stuff Are So Different But Where So Much Alike......just Thinking Out Loud .lol.........linda Xx

Maybe we should start a petition to the government to make all alike illnesses be treated the same! How can some people get it and some not if they have the exact same problems? I think we all should be at least entitled to the lower rate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information