Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabies fear from dog saliva

Rabies fear from dog saliva

Hello, it is my first post here. I am 18 years old and from the Philippines where rabies is still quite a problem.

So, hello. I havent really visited a psychiatrist but I know that I may have OCD or an anxiety disorder. I have the symptoms. However, I can handle it more than before through self help.channels and reading recovery forums.

Here is my story. 4 years ago, I was walking in our street when I saw a stray dog munching on some garbage inside a plastic bag. The dog doesnt really look rabid to me. However, on my way back home I accidentally stepped onto the same garbage bag and a few liquid went to my foot. I went to our house and washed it away.

Then I was extremely anxious on getting rabies through that incident. First, the skin may have micro wounds where the saliva may enter. Rabies may also not be prevalent in the dog but I think its possible that the dog has it in the early stage of the disease so its not very visible. Ive read in the internet that there are cases wherein rabies symptoms showed up years after exposure to it. I havent went to a doctor to talk about this yet. I have had fever and even dengue in the past 4 years.

I thought I am already moved on from this fear but last week, I suddenly had fever. Now, I.can feel some sensations in my foot and Im afraid that this is rabies finally showing up. What do i do

Re: Rabies fear from dog saliva

Quote Originally Posted by xiuxiuminmin99 View Post
    What do i do
    Nothing at all

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

4 years ago....I think you’re good.

l am not sure why you would honestly think this l mean you don't even know what the liquid was on the bag come on lets get real here what are the chances ermmm slim to nothing

Wow thank you, but I still have to convince myself further but im getting to iy

please believe me you're not

No chance.

really?

No chance whatsoever.

0%

Not even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by xiuxiuminmin99 View Post
    Hello, it is my first post here. I am 18 years old and from the Philippines where rabies is still quite a problem.

So, hello. I havent really visited a psychiatrist but I know that I may have OCD or an anxiety disorder. I have the symptoms. However, I can handle it more than before through self help.channels and reading recovery forums.

Here is my story. 4 years ago, I was walking in our street when I saw a stray dog munching on some garbage inside a plastic bag. The dog doesnt really look rabid to me. However, on my way back home I accidentally stepped onto the same garbage bag and a few liquid went to my foot. I went to our house and washed it away.

Then I was extremely anxious on getting rabies through that incident. First, the skin may have micro wounds where the saliva may enter. Rabies may also not be prevalent in the dog but I think its possible that the dog has it in the early stage of the disease so its not very visible. Ive read in the internet that there are cases wherein rabies symptoms showed up years after exposure to it. I havent went to a doctor to talk about this yet. I have had fever and even dengue in the past 4 years.

I thought I am already moved on from this fear but last week, I suddenly had fever. Now, I.can feel some sensations in my foot and Im afraid that this is rabies finally showing up. What do i do
    Hi! I'm also from the Philippines and I know rabies is still a problem in our country. As you can see, it's already 4 years and nothing happened to you. Some symptoms may appear after years but I read that those are also rare. I think you're just fine. I assumed you checked your leg and if you didn't fine any visible wound then you're okay. No broken skin and you even washed it so you're fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information