Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anxiety back with a vengance- Neighbours etc

Re: Anxiety back with a vengance- Neighbours etc

Last edited by willous1; 24-09-18 at 09:34.

Please can someone help. I was at my parents all weekend with my family in one room. I have a constant sick feeling, tight chest etc. My neighbour has not even been that bad but my anxiety/brain has just overtaken and I cannot go back to my own home without crying and feeling sick. I am stuck and now off work,the council won't do anything and it seems nothing can be done. I am at the end of it now. Will Propranolol help the horrible anxious feeling in the stomach?? My life is ruined all because of my neighbour, even if she moves and I hear it I didnt know how to cope, now its just being in the flat. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by willous1 View Post
    Please can someone help. I was at my parents all weekend with my family in one room. I have a constant sick feeling, tight chest etc. My neighbour has not even been that bad but my anxiety/brain has just overtaken and I cannot go back to my own home without crying and feeling sick. I am stuck and now off work,the council won't do anything and it seems nothing can be done. I am at the end of it now. Will Propranolol help the horrible anxious feeling in the stomach?? My life is ruined all because of my neighbour, even if she moves and I hear it I didnt know how to cope, now its just being in the flat. What do I do?

I had that for a while when I had a heavy walker above me. So annoying and the walking and banging of some stuff on the floor would wake me up in the mornings and I guess annoy me during the day if it was excessive.

Anyway, all I did was when I was home and doing work or house work and it got annoying....boom, I'd put on my headphones and listen to music or the radio on my phone. If I was watching TV, I used wireless headphones and listen to the TV. At night when going to sleep, I'd use my ear plugs connected to my computer and listen to Youtube rains sounds. I never woke up early because of the loud sounds. I never heard the annoying upstairs crap anymore. Peaceful. If no one was home upstairs....great no headphones ha.

They have since moved. Next couple put in the required carpeting without complaining. So it's very quiet now.

Quote Originally Posted by panicBill View Post
    Hey. I just wanted to give my input. I am going though this exact thing.

I live in a flat and the downstairs tenants are horrible. The woman loves to have loud arguments at 1..2..3 in the morning.It got pretty heated with me and them once.

The thing is, you have attached an anxiety to sounds. This means your body will go into "Fight or flight" mode and sent panic,worry and that sinking feeling all though your body. This is what causes your worry. Its like health anxiety. You feel a slight pain on your body, and your body goes into fight or flight mode.

The best thing I do is get up early, stay away so I can sleep at night. I highly recommend the "Laser Lite" ear buds people have recommended on here. I own a few pairs and will be getting more.

The BEST bit of advice I can give you is not to pay attention to it. You have a fear from it, so your will naturally hear more if it. When I put the ear buds in I only hear it when I listen out to it. Trust me, when you are asleep, you will not wake up with the ear buds. Its almost silent.
    I know this thread is a few years old now, but this post did get me thinking that many houses and flats, especially semis and terraces, have never really been designed and built with neighbour noise nuisance in mind, often with very poor soundproofing in between individual properties, whether above, below or beside (or all 3).

An issue that's sadly often been overlooked by architects and builders pretty much since time immemorial.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information