Thread: belly button pain

belly pain - really nervous

Hello. This is the first time I post here. For the last couple of weeks I've had a dull pain behind my belly button. It has come and gone a few times and reappeared a few days ago. I can also feel a lump behind the belly button. I can't see any sign of infection on the outside. (Also it seems to get worse -- both bump and pain-- when I'm bloated.) I'm not sure what this could be, I can't get a doctor's appointment in the next few days and of course I can't seem to think about anything else at the moment. Any words of reassurance would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by buttercookie; 17-07-18 at 20:45.

Re: belly button pain

I assume you have Health Anxiety as well?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It sounds like an umbilical hernia to me. I had one from birth which got worse after pregnancy. It was painful and I could push the lump inwards. I had it repaired, which was a simple operation.

Hi Nicola,
    Yes I do have a bit of health anxiety which I've managed to keep in check thanks to cbt4panic (which i've found on this website.) I have stopped googling symptoms and have been doing much better on that front. But this belly thing is a brand new issue, so has triggered it a little bit and it's making me nervous.

---------- Post added at 06:23 ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    It sounds like an umbilical hernia to me. I had one from birth which got worse after pregnancy. It was painful and I could push the lump inwards. I had it repaired, which was a simple operation.
    Thanks for replying. I woke up this morning and found the skin a little red and swollen so hoping it's just an irritation/infection that will clear up. Trying to be sensible about it, but can't help feeling nervous. It's exhausting.

Thread Information