I found out this morning that I'm pregnant and I'm absolutely terrified of morning sickness.

Although this wasn't planned specifically, my partner and I had seriously discussed it and agreed that we'd probably start trying within the next few months, and I know he'll be absolutely thrilled (it was me that wanted to wait a few months for other reasons to do with work etc.)

I took the test and although I do want a baby, my overwhelming feeling was absolute terror of the potential nausea//throwing up. I'm only 4 weeks and don't think I have morning sickness yet (I feel awful but I'm totally sure that's anxiety as I tend to get nausea with anxiety and I know its maybe a bit early for morning sickness). The only thing that gets me through my anxiety nausea is telling myself its never made me throw up but I wont be able to do that anymore because I know I'll be thinking "yes but maybe this isn't anxiety nausea, maybe this is morning sickness and you'll end up throwing up so much you'll be hospitalised like Kate Middleton" The only thing stopping me completely losing the plot right now is telling myself its too early for morning sickness, and steadfastly ignoring the fact that I know some women feel sick earlier.

I have a doctor's appointment later, if I explain this, do you think there is any chance they will pre-emptively give me nausea medication?? The stress can't be good for the baby and I'll be able to relax a lot more and be happy about the pregnancy if I have pills in my bag that I know I can take.