Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling a tightness around my neck

Feeling a tightness around my neck

I am going through a really bad time at the moment - posted yesterday as just came out of hospital and hating taking antibiotics my anxiety is a lot worse - does anyone ever feel like a tightness around their neck/throat I am trying so hard to distract myself as I am on my own and worrying it might be the antibiotics... Please help I have no one else to talk to and don't know what I would do without this site... It happened to me yesterday but it passed off after a long time.. I am so worried..

Re: Feeling a tightness around my neck

Hi Sammy J -- what you are describing sounds like tension to me. Whenever I am anxious it manifests in the back of my neck and my temples (usually only on one side). If you were just at the doctor, and they didn't find anything, you are fine! Please try to relax any way possible. Get engulfed in a Netflix show, go out for a walk, SOMETHING. Worrying about something is not going to stop it from happening. Try to accept that anything can happen at any moment and you are just along for the ride!

I have been trying to watch Netflix etc but it is still affecting me. I went in to hospital with a stomach complaint which they haven't really diagnosed just that it was an infection.. I am trying really hard to distract myself.. I hate this. thank you for responding to me though

Trust me -- I completely understand. It's easier said than done! I work in a hospital and doctors do not release you if they suspect something is wrong. Just remember they are trained (for upwards of 15 years) to do that and we are not!

Very common anxiety symptom.

Treating your anxiety will help prevent the symptoms associated with it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you so much for the links so helpful!!! I also get the legs thing where I feel I can’t walk and the feeling I can’t breathe. I am so grateful for your time 😊

Quote Originally Posted by sammiej123 View Post
    Thank you so much for the links so helpful!!! I also get the legs thing where I feel I can’t walk and the feeling I can’t breathe. I am so grateful for your time 😊
    Anxiety definitely causes real physical symptoms. I'm not a sufferer but when my wife was in the hospital, I had many of the stress related symptoms on that list, insomnia, loss of appetite, twitching etc. Once things settled down, that all went away

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Feeling like being strangled tightness around neck

Hi again. I have posted about this previously I’ve had it on and off every day for a week now and it’s ruining my life. I’m off work at present as I had a visit to hospital with stomach problem but no diagnosis just that it was probably some kind of infection.
    Does anyone know of anything else that could be causing this ? If not how can I get rid of it. I keep trying to distract myself and hoping each day it will jo away. I can’t work like this and I’m scared I’ll lose my job! Any help greatly appreciated
    Thank you lovely people x

Still have feeling of being strangled on and off for almost a month ..

I have had problems with my neck for almost a month and it is really ruining my life and making me depressed. GP checked throat and glands all ok. general blood test not really showing any significant changes. he thinks its muscular. I have now arranged to go and see a chiropractor as I am wondering whether it is tension caused by anxiety and because I am focusing on it, it isn't improving.. Please can anyone help!!! I would be so grateful..

Re: Still have feeling of being strangled on and off for almost a month ..

This could definitely be anxiety related. Also, maybe some reflux. I get reflux sometimes without heartburn. It's more in my thoat and feels like my throat is tightening up and I might choke. It helps if I drink some tea and have an antacid. But sometimes takes a while to pass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information