Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: So you think you have Rabies.....

Re: So you think you have Rabies.....

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Now I kinda wanna get a bat house...
    Me too. But not to get them out of any house, I want them in my garden!

Great for keeping the moth population down.

Something NervUs and Paranoid-Viking were explaining about the myth of rabies down the generations across a couple of threads got me thinking about how bats have been seen as vermin or evil. In cinema they have been portrayed as the vampire bat or a swarm of killer bats. Then their is the vampire myths they became attached to.

I guess it adds onto it at some level in the same way we think about spiders & snakes.

I'm having another rabies fear too. I was at a beauty salon last week and the owner had a dog who was pawing all over me. Sent my anxiety a bit haywire, but I let it as i'm trying to do exposure. Then i found a small cut on my ankle (nowhere near where the dog even was) and now i'm getting concerned it's scratched or bit me without me realising. I know it's ridiculous. I can feel myself slightly less obsessed about this than I have been before so I guess that means the therapy is working a bit. But still having this doubt isn't nice :/ btw i'm currently in Mexico not the UK, that being said dog rabies is nearly none existent here due to stringent immunisation programmes. Obviously my OCD is latching on to the 'nearly' part of that and is ignoring the fact that the dog wasn't even near my ankle! This illness is so cruel!

Not really sure why i'm posting this on here haha as I know the fear is ridiculous, but it's nice to be able to tell people who understand HA just to get it off my chest!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Me too. But not to get them out of any house, I want them in my garden!

Great for keeping the moth population down.

Something NervUs and Paranoid-Viking were explaining about the myth of rabies down the generations across a couple of threads got me thinking about how bats have been seen as vermin or evil. In cinema they have been portrayed as the vampire bat or a swarm of killer bats. Then their is the vampire myths they became attached to.

I guess it adds onto it at some level in the same way we think about spiders & snakes.
    Makes sense. Spiders are so good. They eat all of the annoying bugs.

Its been a few weeks since I got that unexplained cut on my finger at my friend's house. Now my throat is feeling a little sore.....I'm so worried that this is it.

Absolutely not, unless your friend's house is filled with rabid animals.
    If we got scared from every cut on our skins, most of us would go crazy.
    Also I know this is controversial but sore throat is NOT a symptom of rabies. Not in the way a throat gets sore from a cold, flu or reflux.

I was doing so good for a few months. Now all of the sudden, it started up again. I was mowing my lawn to mulch in leaves yesterday, and I saw this thing flying low...I can't really tell what it was, it didn't appear to be a bird...It was fluttering kind of like a butterfly, but I'm not sure...I didn't get a good enough look at it. It flew to my left and I lost sight of it and never saw it again.

I know its novemeber and it was daytime, but I'm honestly scared that it was a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by NervousSubject View Post
    I know its novemeber and it was daytime, but I'm honestly scared that it was a bat.
    This^^^^ you know that rabies is an impossibility. You need to concentrate on telling your brain this

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I have never seen a bat in the daytime

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I have never seen a bat in the daytime
    They are most definitely nocturnal

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

God, almost ten days later, this is hitting me so hard. The scariest part is not knowing for sure what the hell that thing flying near me was. I can only mentally picture it in my head...It looked like it was white, but also maybe a little brown-ish. It was fluttering, kinda like how you'd expect a butterfly would, but it didn't look like it had black wings.. I dont think it touched me, I was wearing long sweatpants and a sweater.

I know that this sounds crazy, but I can't shake the thought that it was a sick and confused rabid bat.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information