Thread: Stomach issues / test results

Stomach issues / test results

So long story short I’ve been having tummy pain/Diarrhea/gas for over a month, I was adamant I had crohns etc I had a full blood count and a stool test which I found out yesterday they came back clear,

I am struggling to accept that my tummy is just ibs and anxiety from what the docs told me at the start...

Anyone got any tips for accepting a diagnosis

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Stomach issues / test results

Last winter I was in agony with my digestive system. Literally my whole digestive tract, from my mouth to my back passage felt as if they were on fire. I was convinced I had Inflammatory Bowel Disease of some kind. My doctor took me seriously but he only did the most rudimentary tests. I couldn't understand how it didn't seem more urgent to him. But he's very experienced. He's seen Crohn's (once or twice) and he's seen bowel cancer (never in someone my age) and he strongly believed it was linked to anxiety.

Six months later and my symptoms have cleared up completely. Some of it was caused by restarting my SSRI in my case, but the chief culprit was anxiety. Anxiety is a disorder of the digestive system as well as the mind. Some even suggest it may have its origins in the gut.

If your doctor thinks you're fine and your tests are clear, you can be certain it's IBS.

Re: Stomach issues / test results

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information