Thread: BENEFITS

BENEFITS

Is Anyone On Here That Gets Any Benefits For Their Agoraphobia, And How Did You Go About Getting Them If You Are, Did You Have To Have An Medical Or Anythiing

Re: BENEFITS

Quote Originally Posted by SHERLOCK View Post
    Is Anyone On Here That Gets Any Benefits For Their Agoraphobia, And How Did You Go About Getting Them If You Are, Did You Have To Have An Medical Or Anythiing
    If you can't work because of your agoraphobia then you may be entitled to Incapacity Benefit if you have worked in the past and have the relevant NI contributions. Otherwise you may be entitled to Income Support.

You should also apply for Disability Living Allowance and you should get at least the lower mobility rate which is around £15 a week.

I get the lower mobility rate of DLA because I have agoraphobia, but I know some people who get a higher rate and also get the care element of it too. However there are some people that don't get anything, it seems to be a bit of a lottery.

Some years ago I was also on Income Support as I hadn't paid enough NI contributions to claim Incapacity Benefit. I did not have a medical for either that or the DLA. I have had a few occasions when my DLA has been reviewed and they have asked me to go into London for a medical and I have just phoned them up and explained about my agoraphobia. Usually they then say they will contact your GP and arrange a home visit, but quite often they will just see what your GP has to say.

Thread Information