Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trazodone

Re: Trazodone

Thanks Prism,

The side effects are not really that bad so far. I feel a bit emotional tonight. And I can cope with the upset stomach.

I also take an antipsychotic (quetiapine) and Effexor too, so they are to supplement those and help me sleep basically.

So far so good I would say.

Jim

Another fairly good night's sleep last night, so I'm fairly happy with this med.

The only big problem I've noticed is that my appetite has virtually dropped to nothing. I never feel hungry at all. I realised this morning that all I've eaten in the last couple of days is 1 bowl of cerial and half a bag of jelly babies. I still don't feel hungry this morning but I think I should force myself to eat.

The Quetiapine I take increased my appetite initially, I could have eaten and eaten all day, it has eased off over time, but I put on a little weight with it. I am a pretty skinny guy anyway but the Trazodone has completely eliminated my appetite. I guess this will improve over time?

Jim

hi jimbo yrs back i was presribed trazadone and know some who take it here in america......for me i took them very briefly good for sleeping.i just couldnt get myself going the next day groggy........but we all have dif side effects
    yc wish ya the best..........linda x

Still going ok, last couple of nights I've slept solidly for around 6 hours.

The main problem is on initially waking, or if I wake in the night I feel a bit like I have a hangover; dry mouth, uncoordinated, and very groggy. Once I'm up and had a cup of tea I feel fine.

During the day I do sometimes find myself a little detached and not very 'alert' is the best way I can describe it. Like when walking home from the shops I walked past my road without realising. That does seem to be easing tho.

I think I have felt a slight increase in my anx since I started but that could be unrelated as it often fluctuates.

So still going fine so far imo.

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information