Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No sleep!

Question No sleep!

New here!! I took my first 10mg tablet of cipralex yesterday morning after two weeks of acute anxiety and some depression.

Day 1 felt remarkably well, anxiety much relieved and was able to function well. HOWEVER have been wake nearly all night possibly with four hours sleep and my anxiety has gone through the roof, jittery, palpitations and general adrenilin rushes.

I know they say symtoms increase within first two weeks but do you think this is how I'll be??? I'm exhausted!

would it be better to take the tablet at night??

Any advice welcome!

Re: No sleep!

I've been on it 2 yrs and always take it in the morning
    Phill

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

i started on 20mg six weeks ago and ended up down A & E after a really bad panic attack, i thought i was dying. I was reassured that it was due to the side effects and i should really have started on 10mg but i persevered and my sleep has got a bit better although i do seem to wake at 2am every morning and then find it difficult to get back to sleep. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Thanks Nikki39 just back from gp and they reassure its all symtoms of taking tablets and should ease within two weeks. Also just signed me off work for two weeks so I can get myself better!!!

How are you?

Wink Re: No sleep!

Thought I'd give an update as now on day 4 of cipralex - am not at work now for two weeks - thank goodness as no way would I manage!!!!

Still having intense anxiety periods in morning usually first thing although this is definately starting to lessen. Also getting it within first two hours of taking meds. Feel I have so much nervous energy to get rid of - try to distract myself by doing something.Feeling drowsy but this has also lessened today!!

sleep improving slept solid from 22:30 to 4:30 and tried to doze till 7 ish tghis morning.

Concentration - very poor in the mornings - anyone else had it with these tablets?

I'm going to persevere as am gaining so much from reading other peoples experiences on this med - thankyou

Tummy now rumbling nearly all the time and brain thinks food!!!!
    with no apetite its a very weird sensation.

Anyone else experiencing this?

hi, i had the feeling of hunger but with no appetite and i actually slept from 11.30 to 7.00 this morning. I don't know whether the appetite thing is gonna be a good thing for you but it was for me as i have lost half a stone. I am just going into my 6th week now and everyday is getting better and better so please persevere, things will get better for you, i promise. obviously, you get your good days and your bad but overall these meds are very good.

hope things improve for you shortly

Nikkix

Thanks nikki its so reassuring to be in contact with someone who has been through it.

I do think things are happening very tiny each day. I'm not one to give up but do dread the mornings when taken tablet as I know I'm more jittery for about an hour and feel i have enough adrenilin to run an hour!!!

Glad you slept well and things are good for you on these meds.

Having taken two weeks off work I'm glad I can start to get myself better but must try not to symptom spot lots and lots!!!!!!

well day 5 probably had no more than 3 hours sleep and feel like I've been wired up really dont know whether to take next tablet, got the shaking and generally feel adrenilin 100X

anyone there?

Hi again,

It took until at least day 13 before i felt anything but normal, i was exactly like you, in fact i believe it was day 6 or 7 when i was lining up in the post office and started coming over all hot like my body was on fire, my heart started beating rapidly and i had a feeling that my body did not belong to me. Anyway, i went over to the walk in NHS centre where i spoke to a qualified nurse who told me these were classic symtpms of anxiety caused by the meds but she thought the doc should have started me on 10mg not 20mg and said to persevere as these were a wonder drug.

At present, i have taken them for 6 weeks now and although i still gets bouts of anxiety i do feel so much calmer and am finding it easier to cope with the strains and stresses of life. I do still wake up some mornings with aches and pains, or bad stomach but know now these are just symptoms of anxiety so try to push them to the back of my mind.

I take my tabs at night about an hour before bedtime but i decided last night to change to the morning. I have also decided to decrease down to 10mg as i do think my depression is well on the mend.

Trust me you will get better and feel really good in a few weeks just keep me posted on a daily basis and i will reply to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information