Thread: My Experiences with Reflexology

My Experiences with Reflexology

Hi all,

Just thought I'd put a little post up about this. I've been having reflexology to help deal with my IBS symptoms and to generally relax me. I had session 4 out of 6 last week. I've been advised to have 6 sessions to see if it has made any difference or not.

Session 1, didn't really know what to expect. Had made the mistake of looking it up online first where it said the immortal words "you may feel sick after having it the first time". So trying to keep that to the back of my mind, I had the session and felt fine (just very relaxed). I was told I may feel a bit headachy but it would pass within 24 hours. Next evening I just felt odd and ended up taking time off work. But after a good sleep and general doing nothing I felt great, and I went right through to the next session (9 days later) without taking any meds.

Session 2, again was good, no ill effects that time!! Had to take a couple of tablets but it was due to not eating properly.

Session 3 was excellent, I felt marvellous for the next week or so, but had to take more meds about 9 days later.

Session 4 - not so good. I think it was due to the fact that I had burnt my tea and it didn't taste very nice, so it upset me a little, and my boyf had dispeared to the pub again which always makes me anxious. Usually I go visit my parents but due to having my session while he was out I couldnt. However the last few days have been fine and I've been eating well.

The general consensus so far is that I have been slighly more relaxed, and if I do have an upset stomach its not so much the "why me" attitude anymore, its a try and get on with it.

I'll try and keep this thread upated, am due to have my next session on 15th August so will let you know how it goes.

Re: My Experiences with Reflexology

As a qualified reflexologist I will be very interested to follow your progress hun.

Love Piglet

Well had the session earlier on and it was pretty good!

The last 10 days or so have generally been good, had a couple of evenings where I haven't felt too good but it happens I guess!!

I've generally been more laid back in my approach to stuff, work is just not bothering me at all at the moment and I'm feeling more confident about myself. Hell I'm even contemplating organising a school reunion! Something which I wouldn't have dreamed of doing before, I mean I don't know if I'll carry it out but the thought is there

I've even eaten desert on a regular basis since the last session, and opened a bottle of wine on Saturday evening. This is something I've not done in ages as I've never felt relaxed enough to do so (thoughts running through my head like, what if theres an emergency and I need to drive? what if I start feeling sick and I can't take my meds??). Didn't drink it though cos the bottle I had wasn't very nice hehehehe.

Am having another session on Monday, which will be my last in the course, so will update again then

Sounds like the sessions are helping you to unwind really well doesn't it - this will then put you in a good place to tackle any other issues too.

A relaxed body goes a long way to being a healthier body!

Love Piglet

Had the last session about an hour ago, been really good since my last session, still carry meds round with me but its been very rare of late that I have been taking them.

Since my last session last wednesday I have even managed to go out to a restaurant for food, sounds odd I know but I had started having the occasional panic attack when sitting down to a meal in a restaurant. Went out on Friday night, got all dolled up and stuffed myself silly and had a great time.

Have decided to have the reflexology on a monthly basis for now and go from there. I know its not a cure and I will emphasise that to people, but it has made me feel very positive about life. I do occasionally have the bad day, but during the time I had my 6 sessions I have been able to cope with them.

I would recommend anyone contemplating it to give it a try, it may not work for you but I think it would definately be worth investigating.

Yes I would agree with that totally - it's not a cure all but it helps put you in better place so you are more able to deal with things.

Lovely to hear how you are progressing.

Love Piglet

Thread Information