Thread: New here - am I in the right place ?

New here - am I in the right place ?

Hello all - I could really use some advice.

I've got some very specific stress in my life at the moment - financial worries to be specific. This isn't particularly new to me, but for some reason it's affecting me more than usual. I have a wonderful partner, however he doesn't help at all when it comes to running a household and I pretty much do everything. When money worries occur, I have to keep them to myself and try to sort out the situation myself, if I tell him then he'll just sink into a foul mood. I feel as if I have to walk on eggshells with him - he's currently starting to struggle with depression again after two years free of it.

So because the problem in my life is so specific to money - I'm wondering if I'm even in the right place at all - are what I'm experiencing really panic attacks ? I have the feeling of "drop-belly", crawling skin, claustrophobia and extreme nausea - I'm sick every time without fail. These "episodes" started at night - I'd wake up from negative dreams (not nightmares, but dreams where there was always something going wrong) with the sensation of falling and then a huge adrenaline rush...making me sick yet again. Now it's happening during the daytime too and more specifically, when I have to deal with anything financial.

I'm so sorry I've waffled on and on. I'd love to know that I'm not being daft and that these are genuine panic attacks. Any advice gratefully received !

Thanks everyone.

Re: New here - am I in the right place ?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Hello timid tulip,to you!

Yes, you're definitley in the right place - and yes I do think you are experiencing anx/panic attacks (going by mine and other's experiences on here!)

Sorry you've had to deal with these worries on your own up to now - but you'll get plenty of help and support here, for the financial concerns and your panic attacks, so you're not alone now!

Pleased to meet you!

Hi Timid Tulip and

They sound like genuine panic attacks to me. I too suffer badly with sickness and as my counsellor says anxiety is an emotion and can be expressed in many ways. Maybe you could see a financial advisor to try and sort out your money worries. Anyway welcome to NMP and see you around.

Take care,

Mike

Hi and a warm aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi tulip,

Money worries are certainly a factor in my attacks so you're certainly not alone. Especially when you think that the burden is ALL yours as you don't want to cause extra stress to others, the good thing with money in my opinion is that its tangible and therefore controllable, after months of worry I've actually managed to get that control over the hated £.
    I obviously don't know your specific situation cash wise but there are quite a few debt/money advice sites with loads of different tools that can help you get some order maybe.

Probably didn't help that much I'm afraid but you're not alone

hello tulip yepyou found the right place hun well you are experiencing panic /anxiety and it would be a good idea to see your gp to get some advice..some dr's are better than others [mine is appalling ]when it comes to anxiety disorders.You shouldering the responsibility for the money has hurled you into this situation..and as lways have to deal with the running of the house too hun so i know how THAT feels If you are in over your head with debt..there are some l services to help you the citizens advice is a good place to start or debt matters who are on the tv advertising all the time Your partner should go see his gp and get some help ith his depression too..maybe suggest you go together ?I do hope you get the helpyou need hun...and you always have us Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxx

HELLO TULIP,
    WELCOME...I KNOW FROM STRESS MYSELF IT MAKES ME VERY ILL AND CAUSES ME TO ME VERY ANXIOUS....I WISH YOU WELL AND HOPE YOU FIND LOTS OF INFO AND SUPPORT HERE...........LINDA

love minnie xxxxxxxxx

minnie xxxx

Thread Information