Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panicking Right Now About My Meds! Help!

Exclamation Panicking Right Now About My Meds! Help!

I'm on 20mg Fluoxetine (generic prozac) and I'm freaking out. I've got these strange pains in my arms and legs and back. I feel all hot and weird. I'm panicking. And stomach cramps. My neck is stiff too.

Meningitus or bad reaction to the pills. I've been on it now for 5 days. And I'm really really freaking out... Don't know what to do. Waking my mother wont help, she never believes me, thinks I'm a hypochondriac...

Help!!!!

Re: Panicking Right Now About My Meds! Help!

When I started SSRI's after a few days my anxiety went through the roof for a while, which is why you read that people have given up with them after a short time. However this is fairly common and should pass in a few days, you just have to hang on in there, I know that's easier said than done.

For now try some relaxation exercises and deep breathing, see if that helps. Also try not to take too much notice of your symptoms, the more you think/worry about them the worse you're probably going to feel (same as when you have a PA).

However if the symptoms continue tell your doc, it may be that Prozac is not agreeing with you and you may need to try a different one.

Hi , I started the same pill yesturday, this morning I feel more anxious but I think thats cos Im thinking about it too much.
    My Gp told me that prozac is one of the most tollerated pill out there and the most common symptoms are nausea.

Maybe we are just getting ourself at it ? I dont know, but Im supposed to be going to work today , dont know if i should ?

My gp said i could take one pill every other day if it helps

Prozac is well known for causing anxiety to worsen at first but loads of people do well on it once it kicks in.

Good luck with it

Love Joy

Ive been fine on it all day , Ive had a really great day , hardly any anxiety , until my mother just phoned me telling me my daughter wants me to take her to the cinema on my own .

Still onwards and upwards

How's things going now LockedShut?

I personally didn't do too well with fluoxetine. But these things effect each person individually. If you are finding it totally unbearable do speak to your doc about it. They might be able to give you something like diazepam (valium) to help you through the initial side effects. Trust me, they do wear off and you will start to feel better eventually.

Try not to focus too much on the symptoms you are getting as they will just fuel your anxiety about them. If you start to get any rashes or and obvious physical symptoms definately get in touch with your doc, even if it's just for reassurance.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by LockedShut View Post
    I'm on 20mg Fluoxetine (generic prozac) and I'm freaking out. I've got these strange pains in my arms and legs and back. I feel all hot and weird. I'm panicking. And stomach cramps. My neck is stiff too.

Meningitus or bad reaction to the pills. I've been on it now for 5 days. And I'm really really freaking out... Don't know what to do. Waking my mother wont help, she never believes me, thinks I'm a hypochondriac...

Help!!!!
    you will be ok...just give it another couple of days and the fluoxetine will kick in good luck .. Bell

im on 20mg of fluoxitine also. i came off citalopram 40mg one day and 2 days later started straight on these. i have been on these in the past tho and once you get past the initial feelings they are worth it. if you think its the meds then it will be. remember this.
    juju

yes hows it going now Locked shut ?

JUJU, have you taken it for anxiety and panic attacks ?
    I have panic attacks and really hope it will help but I know it doesnt for some people.

Today is day 3 for me, I take it at bedtime and It does make me feel sickly in the morning.

morning thought I'd let you know how I've been getting on as now on day 5 of ciprilex an SSRI, like you I was very anxious when taking them and this has heightened much more than I thought it would. But last night I woke in the middle of the night with general anxiety and pounding heart. I'vr now been up a while taken tablet and things are definately calmer, so hang in there! Hopefully things are starting to change for the better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information