Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panicking Right Now About My Meds! Help!

Re: Panicking Right Now About My Meds! Help!

WOW! I can't believe it was this easy to find people who are experiencing the same things as me! I just started taking celexa 2 days ago, only 10 mg, and my anxiety seemed to get a million times worse. I really kept thinking about it, and was convinced that it was the medication, either that or I was turning into a madwoman!! I called the doctor and told her I was too scared to take it again today. I feel like if i take it, and just wait around until my doctors appointment, the anxiety willl worsen again...

i really want this to work for the better, but I am scared and confused, anyone have suggestions? thankyou!

amanda

Hi yes am feeling pretty bad on them at the moment however have stuck it put for 5 days so far. Just like you I'm that anxious that I'd phone the dr everyday just to check what I am feeling is ok. My anxiety is still v. high at times and together with the numb and raw emotions they are making me feel pretty bad, but as people have said it means they are working and to ride out these side effects. I thankfully have another week off work signed off by the dr so am trying to get myself well but at the same time with nothing to do means my mind wonders easily.

How are you feeling now?

hello! well.. still so far, not so good... Yesterday I was able to take it, take an ativan as well, and make it to the doctors. I was in a relatively uplifted mood. I think my major problem is that I've stopped working and I don't really do much of anything during the day, leaving plenty of time to think... I tried to go out last night but came home shortly after feelign a bit queasy and anxious. I am going to try as hard as I can to suck it up and deal with the awful side effects, because I'm sure in the long run it will be worth it. My only trouble is I'm moving in 9 days away from home for college, and I feel that my anxiety gets worse everyday. I feel that by the time I move I won't even want to leave the house!

I hope you are feeling better, but I'm here to talk if you need it!

Well done amanda, Im sitting here thinking is it worth being on meds ?

I feel horrible, like a numb head feeling and sickly.
    Last night Only 1 min after I took my meds I panicked, I went hot all over , it was such a rush all over me, absolute terror .

Why do I panic when I take a pill ?

I feel the same way, mirry... i go back and forth everyday with contemplating "should I really be on meds, are they going to help or just turn me into a whole different person?!" and as you, I am always very aprehensive and panicky about taking medication, especially after reading the side effects... on day 4 now and what I've concluded is this-- if you let the medication be a bad thing, it's going to be! if you think you're going to go crazy or get sick from the medication, you will!!! the brain can be an extremely terrorizing power over our whole bodies, and my therapist yesterday told me that people spend their entire lives working to keep their thoughts from taking over their bodies.

So I guess there is no quick fix.. it is a long and painful process.. but with the help of medication (once the benefits set in!!! hopefully soon for us all! ) and things like relaxation, belly breathing, meditation, and distraction, hopefully this phase of anxiety will become a part of us that we are able to identify and cope with!

i wish you all the best, and after reading so much off this site, I feel that I have the hope to get better, before being sucked into the serious illness of agoraphobia!

lots of love,

Hi mirry and Amanda,
    I'm so grateful for your regular updates at least we know we arent alone!!!

Day 6 for me on cipralex and again had an awful night with panic, racing heart and general feeling of numb emotions. However, I did manage to go out with my parents and nephew which considering how anxious I was about it - I did go and didnt get anxious like I thought but did feel that was enough to cope with for the day.

How are you both?

I just got in from an awesome night out with friends.. I was debating all day whether or not to go out-- so glad I did. getting my mind off the anxiety and the meds truely did help... I am still so considering stopping the medication, though.. it's as if one day I feel I need drugs to stable me, and the next I am sure that self help, therapy, and home remedies will do the trick. I have already noticed a decrease in my sexuality, along with becomming extremely tipsy after only one beer... I'm too young to be dealing with this!!

It's really wonderful to know that there ARE people out there going through the same things, and that it's totally normal!!

How are you both coping? Absb I hope your night tonight improves! Are either of you re-considering taking the meds? I know everyone says "stay in there" but I just alwats gain that random spirts of hope that I can recover from this terrible time on my own, without putting chemicals into my body...

We'll see how I feel tomorrow, keep in touch and all the best to you

Well, My doctor told Me in some people the meds don't work, and for others they do, Ive found a news website saying in italy doctors found that the nerve which sends the body into panick over reacts for no reason, then our bodys are affected thinking its in danger, when its not, so our body are put in a mode for danger, we only can tell our selfs we are fine and move on, if you get stressed out about your body reaction we become more ill for longer.. I really think this is so true, italy study this about 3-4 months ago in mice. I take no meds never did, for over many years i had no panick, signs of it but it never made real ill like i was before, i used to be so bad i couldnt even walk into a store,or work for a year... i felt like my body was being owned by some spirit.. now after im fine for many many years, my girlfriend left me, last year, now I get ill again, but not the same way it was long before. now i have to learn again how to get it in control, ive found hobbies and walking and before you get to ill into panick, put your mind fast on something, anything, sweep a floor or what ever, do something to take your mind off of it, ive found it works, not fast or 100% but it does work well...

Hi again, How are your days?

Had an improved night not waking up with palpitations at all!!! still got that jittery feeling.

Am at home all day alone today so going to try to keep busy.

Defintately going to stick with the meds as come this far - may review after 2 weeks. What day are you on? I'm day 7

Last night I went out , to my slimming class and sat there infront of 100 + people and told them all how I was doing .
    But I didnt panic and felt quite clam but more zombie feeling .

On the way home I fell over and hurt my wrist , I misjudged the floor.

But the head pain is really bad (just above my eyes) and I felt so sick yesturday. So last night I didnt take my pill cos I didnt know if I want to be on it , but I can take it every other day my gp said, so now I just dont know what to do.

I hate not feeling like me, I read about prozc and how it increases seratonin in the mind, but surely there are more natural ways of increasing it ?
    Some fods are high in seratonin but apparently they find it hard getting into the brain, then Ive read of natural pills out there that do the same thing , but do they ?

Hope your all doing well xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information