Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can we create syptoms (Physical )

can we create syptoms (Physical )

hi guys

can we create syptoms of pain like if u think about your big toe (for instance) for long enogh thinking it is hurting could we actually feel the pain?

thanks

andy

Re: can we create syptoms (Physical )

yes, I think so.
    we have lots of little sensations going on in our body all the time and it is (IMHO) easy to misinterpret these.
    I meditate regularly. When I first tried it I was a bit spooked as it draws atention to your body and what it is doing. One of the things I do either as a result of my illness or meds, is twitch, ever so slightly. It freaked me when I first felt it so the twitch became more pronounced. There is no reason why this shouldn't be the same for pain.
    Imagine you knocked your toe earlier in the day but it was so slight that you didn't notice it? When you become anx or deliberately focus on the reactions of your body, there is a little pain? But that pain grows because you are aware of it. Do you touch it? Rub it? So what started as a little pain becomes bigger and you make it worse by touching it, so in effect you have created albeit unwillingly.
    Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Oh yes, I think the mind is the strongest part of us. I have had all sorts of physical symptoms but I know that if I am able to give myself a sense of proportion about things and lower my anxiety levels it has enormous benefeits in relieving the aches and pains. Whether thats at a hormonal level I couldnt say but when I look at all my issues IBS, Ectopics, Acid reflux the common threads are all related to my mental state.
    By the way I am nowhere near cured, it only takes a stressful situation or even traffic on the motorway to knock me back again but I feel as if I am making progress with it.
    So if it can reduce pains why not increase/create them

Yes deffo, the mind and body is chemical, upset the balance and whoosh, when i was at my worst i read somin and within 20 mins i had those symptoms

Hi there,

I would say YES, too.

To know and learn just how powrfull are minds are, helps lots. I am still cobsmacked, just how powerfull the mind really is.

You just have to look at people who have had limbs taken away, or parts of there body taken away. My mum had her breat taken off, she still sometimes feels pain in something that is NOT THERE, OR my brother inlaw who chopped off his finger with a chain saw, he still feels pain in a finger that is NOT there.

I can be very senitive at times and when someone is in pain or is really worried about somethings, I REALY feel there pain or feel there worries and at these times I have to work really hard on my own thought pattens, mmmm, the mind IS powerfull, learning how to use that power to help you get through your anxiety is dame hard.

I remeber when I first came to this site, with lots and lots of symptoms, I read one that I never had, whoops, all of a sudden I had it, the mind... very strange.

I am sure that it IS powerfull to cause you pain, even if its just in one of your toes.

What I have always said to myself is, my mind is powerfull enough to get me into this mess, it is also powerfull to get me out of it too.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Hi Andy I Would Have To Disagree With This...i Dont Believe We Can Tell Our Bodys To Have Pain...i Think If Someone Sat There And And Thot And Thot About It They Might Think They Feel Pain I Dunno Hun But Thats My Opinion Anyways I Have Heard What Jill Said About Her Mom Tho Sorry To Hear That Jill I Also Feel Hurt When Someone Is Hurt But For Physical Real Pain No..........linda X

Hi Andy,
    i do not know about creating pain but i can switch off pain.
    This takes only thought to do this.

prism

Please Tell Me How Prism Lol Where I Suffer With Much Back Pain :(..........much Appreciated.............linda Xx

Hi Andy,

I defo think we can as I just have to hear someone has earache and I can guarantee to have the symptoms before the day is over. I'm not as bad as I used to be but for a while this was a major problem for me so much so I stayed at home for 10 days so I wouldnt have to face people and their aches and pains. xx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

I think we can too, well maybe they are not real but we can definatly use our imagination to mimic the symptom.

i'm the same as these guys if someone else has a symptom linked with something bad - I have it, yeah i got it bad lol

but yeah definatley we can create it.

AND YOU'LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

p.s not too much though, be HAPPY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information