Thread: Starting Cipralex

Starting Cipralex

Today is my first day on Cipralex, lets hope its a good start to the new year and making me feel a little better. Happy New Year to all, and keep well. Paul

Good luck with it Paul. I hope it helps.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Paul

Good luck with the cipralex, long time no hear, hope you are ok.

Wishing you well for 2005
    Take care

Elaine xxx

Thank's Karen and Elaine, it has been 4 days now, and have had soom side effects, feeling weird, more anxious but a different feeling of anxiety, is hard to explain, just not feeling right is the only way i can put it. The Dr said it would take a week to get into my system and side effects to go, have also read upto 2 weeks until effects go, i know it's early , just not very nice feeling more anxious than i do most of the time anyway, i have had a couple of bad panic attacks which i have ridden through, but as we all know there not nice and takes it out of you. Hope that the meds take effect soon, just got to give them time i guess. Thanks Paul

Hey Paul

The thing with these meds is that they can make some people feel worse to start with. The positive is that just think how much better they will potentially make you feel!

Im glad you rode out the panics ok, not nice I know but you did it matey!

I know the feeling of 'just not feeling right'. Its one of the things I used to get a lot, almost harder to fathom than full on panic. Its like theres something nagging you that you have forgotten and you cant relax because of it and you cant work it out.

anyway, good luck and stick with it.

love Sarah
    xx

Sorry Paul - I missed this post somehow before.

Good luck on the meds and stick with it ok - you can do it mate.

Nicola

Thanks all, have had a couple of bad attacks, mainly at night , i find this the worst time, and the muscle twitching is a little annoying, just hope they kick in soon, Thanks again all for your support, Paul x

I started cipralex a few months ago and it really helped me.

To cut a long story short I started having panic attacks about 1 1/2 years ago (they were sudden and started when I had gallstone attacks.Have since have gallblader removed)

Anyway I could not go out in public, going to family member homes was hard enough, in fact opening the door to the postman was nearly beyond me.

I started on 2 cipralex tablets (not sure what that is in mg) for one month and now down to 1.

I too have problems at night time, used to be on my own alot at night but as my first attack was at night it is hard for me to be alone, but getting better.

My first week on cipralex was weird, I was shattered and I yawned none stop! I was also dizzy and about 4pm would have a "happy hour" and laugh and make jokes.

The second week I got a little bit anxious but it soon faded.

I can go out shopping now and feel comfortable, so I hope it works out for you too.

My only worry now is when the Dr takes me off it, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Thread Information