Thread: Self-hypnosis

Self-hypnosis

Most panic attacks and phobia's are associated with a trigger - going out of the house, a situation, or object. We can also use this same process to counteract a panic attack. Think of a trigger word, I use the word COOL, which stands for “Calm Of mind, Of body, Let go”. Now we have to associate our word with a feeling of peace and tranquility. If you don't know how to perform deep relaxation, then learn to, it really does work, and we need experience the feeling of being deeply relaxed for our trigger word to work. This is what I do to get the that feeling of peace and tranquility.
    Lay on a bed, or wherever else you can be comfortable. The Idea is to relax to the point where you have the sensation of just floating about above the bed, and the only way you can stay there is if you keep a high level of relaxation – if you don't, you then begin to drop back onto the bed. While experiencing the deep relaxation, you also need to be thinking a something that you find very tranquil – I imagine I'm laying at the side of a stream with the sound of the water and birds singing around me, and the warm sunshine on my face. It take a lot of practice to get to the stage where you feel deeply relaxed and tranquil, so don't give up. Ok then, if you have a trigger word, and have manged to associate it with a deep feeling of relaxation and tranquility, then just like a negative trigger can bring on a panic, the positive trigger will bring on a positive feeling, when ever you need to counteract a panic. Try it, it really works. I still use that technique when going to the dentist or any other stressful occasions. I just think the word COOL, and all the feelings associated with that word come flooding back. It's basically the same technique that stage hypnotists use really.

Re: Self-hypnosis

Wow - amazing - I have relaxation CDS that work like this - I will give it a go. Ta. Wenjoy x

Thanks for this, I will give it a try

cheers , will give it a go.

Thread Information