Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOING AWAY PANICS!!

GOING AWAY PANICS!!

Firstly HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

The story is a work collegue is leaving and moving away to study Nursing. She thought it would be good to have a break in Centre Parcs for 3 days as its her birthday as well. She asked me if I would like to come. I must have been on one of my better days as I said yes i'd love to! The thing is I do want to go to Centre Parcs it looks lovely. The thing is though there are 4 other people going who I don't even know. I have to share a room as well. I know it's silly but I really want to do this I just feel so scared and feel this is out of my depth doing this. I also suffer with IBS as well and of course it's even worse when i'm anxious. I am going in 2 weeks time and have really started to wind myself up about this [Oops!]. I'm trying so hard not to although as you are all probably more than aware it ain't easy!!:([Sigh...]

Any advice is gratefully appreciated Cheers.

Take Care

Many thanks. Love Pip's [:X] XX

Happy New Year to you Pips.

The holiday sounds lovely but I can see your worries.

I don't like to share a room with someone either so is there a way round this. Can you say that you would prefer your own room cos you don't sleep very well with other people?

You know that once you get there you will love it so is it just the room sharing that is the problem?

Don't worry about not knowing the other people - you will soon to get know them and you may make some good friends from it too.

It would be a shame to cancel cos you know deep down that you CAN do this but you just need to sort out the few niggling doubts.

Nicola

Happy new year Pips

Yes you go for it, If u dont u know you will feel horrible and wished u did after? I think once u get there u will be glad u did cos I find it so hard to go anywhere different but usualy glad i went once i get there, also a differnt place usualy makes us feel better? Its just the thinking about it and getting there that worrys us. Yesterday I planned to go into Town today with my son, when this morning came i changed my mind and felt so scared. but I did go, not for long and only one shop but i went for the first time in well over a year, and felt ok once i get there and now feel pretty pleased i went. Take care Vernon

Thanks for your advice. Nicola & Verny,

Unfortunately Nic I can't have a room to myself as there is one double room & two twins so if i had a room to myself somebody would be without a bed! Whoops I draw the line at sharing a double though!!!! LOL

Its not just the room thing it's everything lol! I know it sounds really stupid but the trouble is I am such a people pleaser and I put all my time and effort into making sure everyone else is ok and having a good time. This doesn't do my anxiety any favours as I start worrying & whirling. I know I do it it's just trying to stop the spiral before it gets out of hand!

Take care,

Love Pip's XX XX XX

Pips

Bad news about the bed situation then.

As you don't know all of the people that you are going with let them take control of what sort of things you will be doing and try to let them please you. I know that will be hard but it is your holiday too so you deserve a break without having to run around after them.

I am sure that once you get there things will just fall into place and you won't have to run around pleasing people.

I do hope it goes ok mate.
    x

Nicola

hiya

if you really dont wnat to go they you dont have to. i turned down sailing and seeing my aunt yesterday (i was depressed). you are like me, you hate being with peeps youve never met.

if you dotn want to go then im sure your friend will understand.

Scooter Girl

Thanks Nic & Scooter girl. Once again for your advice.

Just got to find some strength as I don't like it to beat me. You are so right Nic I just need to relax and not get so worked up about pleasing people. Just go with the flo hey!.

Thanks again,

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX XX

Hi Pips

Hope you manage to go to Center Parcs, I'm sure you will find the strength to do it and be so pleased with yourself once you have achieved it, as you said just go with the flow !!

Take care

Love Elaine xxx

Hi Pips!

What you are explaining is exactly how I feel everytime I need to do something that is out of my daily ritual.. I hype myself up so much that at the end the joy of going on a fun trip is ruined! Don't let yourself think about this... prepare for your trip really well... bring things to read, nice aromatherapy to smell in case you feel a little stressed, a nail file (always helps me.. i start to do my nails or pluck my eyebrows in order to cast myself away from the situation)... and I am sure that once you get into your room and evening comes.. everythoing will be just PERFECT..... You have survived up to now and you will once again.. and as many people have told you before, you will be so proud and relieved after your trip on how well you did it! Just tell everyone how you feel and when you panic how it's like and you'll realise everyone else will be more than happy to help you out.... the way I do it is that all my friedns breathe with me as if I'm about to have a baby!

Have fun... no actually.. have GREAT fun!

Astrid xxx

Thanks so very much Lainey & Astrid for your kind words and advice. It means alot. Lainey I will find some inner strength somwhere I'm sure.

Astrid yep I sure am preparing for it! Have been for two weeks now! LOL

Take good Care & thank you both for the reassurance it really does help.

Love PIP'S XX XX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information