Thread: Low leukocytes - cause for worry?

Low leukocytes - cause for worry?

Yesterday I did a blood test after my doctor's visit and today I got the results back. Everything is fine and within normal ranges, except the leukocyte count - it's 3.3 while the normal range starts at 4. Can this be bad? Sadly, I can't reach my doctor since it's Friday.

On my previous blood test from 2 years ago, my leukocyte level was 3.6, which is a bit higher, but still below normal. Two years before that, it was about 5, which is normal. I was worried about the drop back then, but my doctor wrote it off as fluctuations that tend to happen.

What could be the causes? Should I treat this seriously?

Re: Low leukocytes - cause for worry?

Bit confused as in the UK it is Saturday so how did you get the results ?

I would ask the doctor about the results to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I first made a thread on the Health Anxiety section and only afterwards noticed there's another section for blood tests. I copy-pasted the thread over here, that's why it says Friday.

I will definitely call the doctor first thing in the morning on Monday, though I'm still kinda anxious about it right now, so I'm just wondering what other people think of this.

Ok I deleted the other one, thanks for explaining.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Called my doc, her nurse basically told me that it's nothing to worry about and I should take more vitamins (I have vitamin D deficiency as well) and it's nothing bad, since the WBC levels tend to fluctuate and everything else seems to be normal. Her tone indicated that it's nothing out of the ordinary. I guess I'll just stock up on some vitamins and relax.

Thread Information