Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Worried about climate change

Re: Worried about climate change

Yes, I suppose it is. Changes in circumstances, all that.

Probably a load of anticipatory anxiety then. I would fill your time with other stuff to distract yourself and led it fade whilst not getting sucked into news about this. And remember Farage is only winning because the major parties are dragging their feet and once they get things on track he will disappear again and the TBP vote should greatly reduce. People are protest voting in this but it's not like a GE where there are many considerations, and a proper manifesto, for us.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 22-05-19 at 18:52. Reason: Corrected TDP to TBP

TD-what?!

TBP damn autocorrect!

Well, anyway, the biosphere is collapsing - what are we going to do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Well, anyway, the biosphere is collapsing - what are we going to do about it?
    We're not in control. Can't do a darn thing

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Other than do your bit and support pressure groups, political parties that prioritise climate, etc what else is there? The big offenders are people like the US, China, etc and without international pressure on them nothing we smaller nations do will count for a great deal.

But good news courtesy of Pain on the news thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    *Jakobshavn Isbrae… Should have been a news headline but, strangely, wasn’t.The news refers to incontrovertible evidence that a massive Greenland glacier which had been melting away has suddenly stopped losing mass and is now getting bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    But now it's all change. Jakobshavn is travelling much more slowly, and its trunk has even begun to thicken and lengthen.

"
    It's a complete reversal in behaviour and it wasn't predicted," said Dr Anna Hogg from Leeds University and the UK Centre for Polar Observation and Modelling (CPOM).’

Well well! Hmm… this isn’t the first time the Global Warming/Climate Change theorists might have got it wrong, is it? I am mildly querulous at the way the scientist are trying to make this unpredicted behaviour fit in with their theories (according to their extensive and expensive computer ‘modelling’). Perhaps they should think shoehorns and pigeonholes…?

*‘
    More than likely, it was Jakobshavn that spawned the iceberg that sank the Titanic
    ’

Terry, could ‘Jakobshavn’ be the new, metaphorical name for Brexit, I wonder…?

This next election may be the difference between life and death.
    Literally every election everywhere has that message communicated about it. It's very rarely true.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My God... I just had a realization: the Yellowstone supervolcano! What if our climate changing causes it to erupt? Why, it'd destroy planet Earth and every living thing on it, for sure! ...would it affect that?

My God... I just had a realization: the Yellowstone supervolcano! What if our climate changing causes it to erupt? Why, it'd destroy planet Earth and every living thing on it, for sure! ...would it affect that?
    Yes, it's been building and who knows? Only time will tell. If you recall, we had Mt. St. Helens erupt and it was devastating. An earthquake could hit anywhere in the world and devastate a country or city. We've had catastrophic floods here in the US. Cyclone Idai devastated East Africa. But hey, its a beautiful day today. Get out and enjoy it!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information