Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Worried about climate change

Re: Worried about climate change

Oh that's just great. So if the government doesn't kill us all, then Yellowstone certainly will! Then again, it probably won't erupt in my lifetime, so who knows.

There was a movie I watched with this theme called "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" with Steve Carell. The ending is what I envision but with my wife. I'm perfectly good with that

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Oh that's just great. So if the government doesn't kill us all, then Yellowstone certainly will! Then again, it probably won't erupt in my lifetime, so who knows.
    Ever watch (or read) Fight Club? Remember the quote "On a long enough timeline, everyone's chance of survival is zero.".

Eventually something cataclysmic is going to destroy all humans. Perhaps that or something later will destroy the Earth. And later still something will destroy the entire galaxy. It's completely out of our control. But the odds are, based on the history of our species/planet of it not happening through thousands or millions of generations, that it won't be in our lifetime either.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

No, that's why it doesn't bother me. Anyway, that's not the subject of this thread, it's about the destruction of our biosphere through our own foolishness.

Can I ask your age Frank? I ask because I know I'll be gone before the Earth reaches its end regardless if its man made or naturally. I understand worries for our children but again, we'll be gone and won't be worrying about it. I'd venture to safely assume even Millenials will pass before anything catastrophic happens so This fear and worry is not unlike those that fear health issues. Its preventing you from actually enjoying life. The things we regret the most in life are the things we didn't do due to fear.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I'm 24.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    I'm 24.
    My kids are Millenials. Here's the thing. Society as we know it has been around for over 1000 years. Are we tearing up our environment? Yep. Are there people in power that pose a threat to peace? Yep. Been that way for over 1000 years. The way I see it, either we go by some natural disaster or we take each other out. I'm going to enjoy myself regardless. Besides, if something like that actually happens who are you going to say "Told Ya So" to?

I really do feel you would benefit from counseling. Find better ways to deal with, and what it all comes down to, control.

Positive thoughts

Well I certainly don't want to be caught off guard when that happens. Somebody's got to pick up the pieces if...

I mean, it's not like it's a good time for a climate emergency to happen, is it? I don't think any leader from the last decade would go as far as frying the planet like these people would!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information