Quote Originally Posted by NervUs View Post
FYI- I know everything there is to know about rabies. This is not a factual problem, and rabies is rare isn't going to get me out of this.

This is the deal...A raccoon ripped open a bag of grass seed I stupidly left outside, on top of my garbage bin. When I went to clean it, it was still damp and wet since it rained last night. Of course, I am thinking the raccoon had rabies, and saliva was on the seeds, and it was still wet, and you get the picture.

For some reason, I only put on one glove. I did wipe the seeds with that glove, and don't think I got any on my other hand, but you never know.

This is just OCD right? Or, is this an actual exposure?

Have you ever touched garbage that a raccoon touched with your bare hands? I think that is part of my thought process..that I am the only one dumb enough, so am I?

I have been preoccupied for too long. Is this something you would just move on from? Or would you worry?
Why dont you read this one?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=219591

Are the moderators wastong there time making that brilliant thread? There are WAY TOO MANY rabies posts now and ALL OF THEM without exception are utterly riddicilous. No, dont get me wrong, YOU are not riddicilous but your fear is. I know, cause I had a rabies scare myself 14 years ago and it WAS riddicilous. Stop this nonsense! NOW! And seek help for your anxiety!

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
Absolutely this! And how many times does the reassurance actually work long term.......
For some posters: NEVER! Some of them never even read other threads than their own and keep coming back woth riddicilous questions over and over. And even though they are explained over and over that their fear is scientifically 100% impossible they wontt let go! They dont trust doctors, they dont trust experts and want a third opinion from us in here whose neither doctors or experts but just anxiety sufferers ourself. Yes, it is like a drug addiction, it really is.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

I posted here b\c i prefer the other board but there aren't responses usually. I see now two people did respind so thanks.

I really wish I could get through without reassurance, but I can't right now. This is a very isolating illness with no one that understands so there is no one to talk it through.
Yes, there are people who are profesionall and dealing with anxious people. Are you trying to seek out any of those? But people in here are not therapists. We are anxiety sufferers ourself.

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
I have often thought this. It would make a great study for a grad student. Especially if one were to track the responses. I often find that OPs respond most often to the thread that has the answers they most often want to hear.
I am pretty sure pshycology students nowadays read forums like this. It is gold for such research.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

I feel like I should respond to this, even though I don't have a grand reaction.

You're right, I did want to hear that people don't get rabies this way, that other people have picked up after raccoons without protection and they never even considered rabies risk, that lots of people do this every day to no ill effect. I think I needed that to dive into what triggered this today.
But you allready know that deep inside. You know deep inside that this is nonsense and that you allow irrational fear throw away logic and rational jugdement. I have anxiety myself and it is not easy, but why not try for a little moment to think logical and supress the anxiety wothin you and let LOGIC speak louder?