Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Working myself up about rabies, ugh

Working myself up about rabies, ugh

FYI- I know everything there is to know about rabies. This is not a factual problem, and rabies is rare isn't going to get me out of this.

This is the deal...A raccoon ripped open a bag of grass seed I stupidly left outside, on top of my garbage bin. When I went to clean it, it was still damp and wet since it rained last night. Of course, I am thinking the raccoon had rabies, and saliva was on the seeds, and it was still wet, and you get the picture.

For some reason, I only put on one glove. I did wipe the seeds with that glove, and don't think I got any on my other hand, but you never know.

This is just OCD right? Or, is this an actual exposure?

Have you ever touched garbage that a raccoon touched with your bare hands? I think that is part of my thought process..that I am the only one dumb enough, so am I?

I have been preoccupied for too long. Is this something you would just move on from? Or would you worry?

Re: Working myself up about rabies, ugh

I responded to your exact same post on the Anxiety Central message board.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Are they getting a rabies outbreak as well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    It's interesting how many sufferers are on multiple anxiety sites. The similarities to a drug addict having several sources for their fix are uncanny

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    It's interesting how many sufferers are on multiple anxiety sites. The similarities to a drug addict having several sources for their fix are uncanny

Positive thoughts
    Absolutely this! And how many times does the reassurance actually work long term.......

I only read here and Anxiety central a few times I responded twice, caught it after the fact. Now I check lol

Good question about the reassurance though... it's like a leaky bucket, full briefly and before you know it, it's empty.

I posted here b\c i prefer the other board but there aren't responses usually. I see now two people did respind so thanks.

I really wish I could get through without reassurance, but I can't right now. This is a very isolating illness with no one that understands so there is no one to talk it through.

When factual evidence fails to alleviate the fears and irrational thoughts, reassurance would be like trying to put out a fire with an eye dropper.

You've been struggling with this for some time based on your post history. Don't know what to say other than recommending real life professional help

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

Positive thoughts

I have often thought this. It would make a great study for a grad student. Especially if one were to track the responses. I often find that OPs respond most often to the thread that has the answers they most often want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I have often thought this. It would make a great study for a grad student. Especially if one were to track the responses. I often find that OPs respond most often to the thread that has the answers they most often want to hear.
    No doubt! I saw it on AZ when that was around. I shoot from the hip and find that my replies are often not even acknowledged but the tea and sympathy replies feed the dragon.

As far as a case study? I also agree, between tracking responses, reactions etc., and reading through the threads from some of the long term members, one could write a thesis!

Positive thoughts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information