Thread: Down the rabbit hole

Down the rabbit hole

I’m slowly heading down the rabbit hole of health anxiety. I have a tender spot in my left armpit that comes and goes I’ve had it for like at least 3 years. Whenever it starts bugging me more I tend to start freaking out about it. There is no obvious lump there, I don’t know if what I’m feeling are lymph nodes or muscle or what ofcourse when I contort my arm as far back and stretch my skin I think I feel something lumpy. Well tonight I did it, I messed with it and massaged the area to where it is hurting now. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Has anyone messed with their problem so much it just made it worse? Ugh I know I’ve should just go to the damn doctor and stop all this madness but dammit I’m afraid. I worry that they will say more tests needed and then waiting for results. It’s all I can do to wait for blood results for a normal physical! My mom said she would go with me, How pathetic is that I’m a 36 year old woman with 2 kids having her mom accompany her to the doctor. Sorry for the late night ranting it’s so hard to fall asleep when you have this stuff on your mind.

Re: Down the rabbit hole

Quote Originally Posted by lblove View Post
    I’m slowly heading down the rabbit hole of health anxiety. I have a tender spot in my left armpit that comes and goes I’ve had it for like at least 3 years. Whenever it starts bugging me more I tend to start freaking out about it. There is no obvious lump there, I don’t know if what I’m feeling are lymph nodes or muscle or what ofcourse when I contort my arm as far back and stretch my skin I think I feel something lumpy. Well tonight I did it, I messed with it and massaged the area to where it is hurting now. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Has anyone messed with their problem so much it just made it worse? Ugh I know I’ve should just go to the damn doctor and stop all this madness but dammit I’m afraid. I worry that they will say more tests needed and then waiting for results. It’s all I can do to wait for blood results for a normal physical! My mom said she would go with me, How pathetic is that I’m a 36 year old woman with 2 kids having her mom accompany her to the doctor. Sorry for the late night ranting it’s so hard to fall asleep when you have this stuff on your mind.
    Hi there,
    You do need to go and get it checked out with your Dr, take your mother if you need to. It's likely just a part of the muscle where it attaches to the breast tissue. If it's been coming and going for 3 years if it was anything serious it would have truly shown itself by now. Also breast cancer does not come and go, it just keeps on growing/hurting.

All the tissue in this area is subject to hormonal effects and I suspect that what it is, however because it's the breast you should get it checked out then put it out of your mind. If your Dr suggests a mammogram don't panic it will just be for reassurance. Let's know how you get on

Thread Information