Thread: Does anyone else here suffer or have suffered from night sweats and insomnia

Does anyone else here suffer or have suffered from night sweats and insomnia

I am just wondering at all if night sweats are prevelant with stress or go hand-in-hand with insomnia?

My insomnia as per 3 days ago have been...spotty, very vivid and very short. So a lot of dreaming for a hour or two, then waking up, dreaming for an hour or two then waking up. Last night I woke up 6-8 times, and 3 of those times i woke up sweaty. Mind you, this wasn't soaking-through-bedsheets wet, but sweaty behind my back, between breasts, armpits. It wasn't hot per se..it just happened.

I've experienced night sweats before, usually 2 times a month, for about 7 years. I have just never experienced multiple episodes a night coupled with insomnia that I am already paranoid about.

To cut to the chase, I am paranoid about Fatal Insomnia, be that sporadic or not. I am not just worried cause of the insomnia and night sweats (which are symptoms of it) but the fact that my left eye has been watering off and on in the morning the past 2 days...its funny though, it was only after I read that 'watery eyes' as being prevelant symptom in fatal insomnia that my left eye, literally started watering/tearing off and on. Also I have felt like i am going crazy...like I woke up in the middle of the night, seeing faces and bright red shapes on the wall, like a kaleidoscope...and it disappeared after 5 seconds or so. Or seeming like I am forgetting things more.

I did notice, maybe an hour ago, that I was spotting so I considered the possibility it was all due to my pending period, but this would be kinda new...and I have had a lot of periods in my 30 years.

All-in-all, I would appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Re: Does anyone else here suffer or have suffered from night sweats and insomnia

Very common with anxiety.

Fatal insomnia is a one in a billion chance. It will just not happen to you.

Insomnia alone can and does cause significant psychological symptoms, including hallucinations. It's also common.

The best thing to do is do some active relaxation before you go to bed and when you wake up during the night just sit up, take a sip of water, take some deep breaths and lay back down again. Go against your instinct and make as little fuss over it as possible.

Re: Does anyone else here suffer or have suffered from night sweats and insomnia

Thanks for the reply Ankie, that does make sense. It feels like a vicious circle I can't figure. The night sweats scare me the most..i just wish someone could relate. I don't feel anxious as i wake and have these sweats, it just happens..and then the fact I wasn't anxious and had sweats in and of itself worries me cause I feel it signifies it wasn't stress related...:(.

People sweat when they sleep, it's a hormone thing. You're only noticing it because you're waking up.

Thread Information