Thread: Ambivalence about mirt-please advice needed

Ambivalence about mirt-please advice needed

Hello,

I know that is written a lot about mirt and yes I read also a lot on this forum. But still have a question cause Im feeling really bad. Ill be short.

Its my 26 day on Mirt 15 mg. First days I felt a bit wierd, next followed by a period of quite well-being (about 12 days, not without symptoms but I could function and not obsessing with how I feel and about the meds), I slept and didnt wake up with crippling anxiety, and had appetite.

Side effects I experienced: constipation (Ok, I can livw with that), a bit restless legs (not anoying)..

Till 4 days ago..It all started: bad sleep, anxiety 24/7, depressed, no appetite..

Important information, before meds, I felt very down till 17h, and than ok, now I fell like that 24/7.

Now Im wondering is this a sign to increase the dose, or should I wait a bit or is this a sign my body doesnt want mirt?

Otherwise my doctor prescribed me 30 mg, and I know I should discuss this with him, but..

Im scared..
    Thank you

Re: Ambivalence about mirt-please advice needed

So sorry you are still having a rough time.

I would say it is still very early days, and these meds do take a good 6-8 weeks a least to start to really help with depression/anxiety, and you can certainly have all sorts of ups and downs during that time.

My advice would be to take care of yourself, give it a couple more weeks if you can and then, if you are still struggling, try going up to 30.

The worst case scenario would be that you have to slowly withdraw off the med, or cross taper with something else, but you are going to have to do that anyway.

Just try and keep yourself busy and get through the next few weeks.

Am sending love and strength your way.

Re: Ambivalence about mirt-please advice needed

Thnak you!

Today is worse, I had panic attack, which definitely isnt my case. Sensations in my head are strange and dry mouth and my body is vibrating...I think Im going off..

Sending you strenght and love.

Thread Information