Thread: Panic attack making me worry it's a heart attack

Exclamation Panic attack making me worry it's a heart attack

Hi everyone,

I'm having this panic attack that started out of nowhere when I was trying to fall asleep. I don't usually hyperventilate during my attacks but I always get something wrong with my heart and my breathing becomes unsteady. As always I'm having the feling like my throat is closing up but my heart isn't beating fast it's just going irregular and my chest is hurting more than usual. A few minuets ago I had a shooting pain just above my elbow as well, these aren't my usual panic attack symptoms so because they are new I'm more scared of them. It's been going on for a while as well and still not subsiding. Does anyone have any advice on how to convince yourself that what you're having is just a panic attack because the simularitys to panic attacks and heart attacks make me feel worse when I'm having one. Since I keep thinking what if it's a heart attack. It's hard to get out of that mindset sometimes. Thanks in advance.

Re: Panic attack making me worry it's a heart attack

I know what you are going through, I get the same, how ever my advice to you is call an ambulance, this is what my husband did for me, and what a relief, they were super kind and did an ECG and check over,
    My mind was immediately put to rest, and they left promising to come again if I need them,
    Much better to get checked out than worry, Please Do it.

Re: Panic attack making me worry it's a heart attack

Quote Originally Posted by welsh girl View Post
    I know what you are going through, I get the same, how ever my advice to you is call an ambulance, this is what my husband did for me, and what a relief, they were super kind and did an ECG and check over,
    My mind was immediately put to rest, and they left promising to come again if I need them,
    Much better to get checked out than worry, Please Do it.
    Thanks for your advice By the way I like the username, I'm also from Wales haha

Thread Information